Are there any good Kilrathi artwork?

That you can point me to? I plan on getting a poster done by a artist of some sort sometime down in Oklahoma when I get there and I was wondering if there is any good Kilrathi artwork out there

Here!!!!

Attachments

• Kilrah.JPG
    Kilrah.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 301
You're all crazy. :D The guy just wanted know where he could get some decent WC art.

When you get that poster, post it so we can see what it turned out like. :)

Heh, I will. If you guys know where I can get any decent artwork online for Wing Commander Lemme know..Preferably something with the Kilrathi on it

According to the conceptual artwork distributed with WCKS, Kilrathi are supposed to look pretty much like various species of big earth cats that walk upright on their hind legs, wear clothes, and harrass humans for fun and profit. I thought the Kilrathi costumes in WC3 and 4 made the Kilrathi seem rather slow and awkward, not quick, graceful, and powerful. Then again, that's just me.

Nick Blitz

overmortal said:
... I thought the Kilrathi costumes in WC3 and 4 made the Kilrathi seem rather slow and awkward, not quick, graceful, and powerful.
Nick Blitz
...as opposed to their costumes in WC1 or 2?...
I don't recall those outfits as being any better.

Mala's cat head insoired me: Here is a handdrawing of another Kilrathi head.

Attachments

• K.jpg
    K.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 200
Preacher said:
...as opposed to their costumes in WC1 or 2?...
I don't recall those outfits as being any better.

Admittedly, you're correct. The Kilrathi in WC2 were just furry heads on human bodies. I don't think the Kilrathi have ever been given terribly good visual representation. The books always describe them as over seven feet tall, muscular, and otherwise very much like lions and tigers and bears. . . well . . maybe not bears. However, they're supposed to be extremely graceful, agile, srtong, and beautiful creatures, who just happen to want to eat us for their din-din.

I frowned when I first saw Hobbes shambling his way across the Rec Room of the TCS Victory.

Actually, now that I think about it, the image of Thrakhath's father just before his execution at the end of S.O.1 made him look pretty agile and lethal. Too bad he was incinerated, huh?

Nick Blitz

The muzzle of my painted Kilrathi head is too short. It must be longer and there is a lot of perspective errors in my picture shown up. Neither I must use handdrawed Artworks. But I will do it at the other time.

I think the best design is that the kilrathi anatomy isn't humanoid, but "duopedal". Like strange/alien torso and jump legs.

And yes, for my opinion, the outfits in WC 2 were better than there counterparts in WC 3. Real armor and not Pyjamas. ;)

Excuse me for my humble english skill, I'm only a german D&D God ;-)

Later, much later, I will scan a Kilrathi Artwork and insert a link to it.

But for now, look at Thrakhath and his new passion - "Met" (popular by vikings and nords). Wine made of honey. This time no Vak'qu.

DrunkenThrak.JPG

Well, that's distinctly possible. I'm getting the spelling for 'mead' from Beowulf. It was a strong drink made with honey.

Mus'hi nar Pusskhara

Mushi.JPG

Another cheap MS PAINT Print of a humanoid & anthropomorphic version of a Kilrathi.
I'm to lazy to make really good pictures... so I did it in a coffee break via paint.

But, I think the Kilrathi physiology must be stranger... And their feline appearance is rather coincidental nature.

This looks either more as a furry maiden with jumplegs, but not like a "real" (or authentic) Kilrathi (after my opinion/the anatomy of the Kilrathi in WC1-5 isn't better, humanlike too. That's only enough for a Rakshasa avatar haunting in the material realms).

Thin fur and a female mane, as well as signs of 2 further chest bags, anatomic relics of their evolution process.
But I'm not sure, whether they have tails.
The Torso should actually possesses other kind of shoulders and another "spinal-column", but it isn't recognizable in these iso-metric 2d perspective. So it looks like a ordinary human female body.

Yes, my ridiculous english skill isn't well ;-)

As we discussed in another threat, Kilrathi females apparently have six breasts. And, yes, they have tails. Read Freedom Flight.

I know this fact, but in the beginn of the Prophecy Intro, we can see on the right relief, Kt'lan. She have two breasts. And yes, a backtail too.

It must be seen differentiated - novella, games, original sketches from the designers and the misbegotten movie that actually nothing do to with WC, had openly differences of the Kilrathi shows. In WC2 expansion pack, the Kilrathi looks completely different...

Ok. The "allround" Design of the Kilrathi anatomy for myself:
Two - 6 breasts, Tail and a little more alienoid body. Duopedal (two legs) doesn't mean anthropomorph (humanlike anatomy) or humanoid...

I like the Kilrathi very much, and this picture is not to represent an affront, but it's only a gag. ;-)

Ahh, I must make some pictures with my hand... but I'm too fool, stupid and lazy. -.-'

Back