Anyone ever wish for a true WC RTS game?

Originally posted by Delance
I remember when he told he had lunch with Chris Roberts.

Why does that seem like a spectacular thing for Deathlok to have done? I'm sure he had multiple lunches with Chris Roberts...

Eh, I'm too lazy to write more, so pasting it is!

[22:01] <TC^> I wish Delance weren't so confusing
[22:03] <TC^> oh wait... apparantly Delance made a bad joke that I just didn't understand
[22:03] <TC^> ah well

I know some of us are getting C&C Generals in two weeks.. Pretty excited for that.

Originally posted by Delance
I think there are, or at least there were, some fan-made WC RPGs.

I know. I'm with a couple, and I plan on creating one or two more if there's any interest in them at all.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
I know some of us are getting C&C Generals in two weeks.. Pretty excited for that.

Judging from past efforts, it's one that I eagerly want to play as well. Say, you don't think Generals was inspired by Sept 11 in any way, do you?

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Judging from past efforts, it's one that I eagerly want to play as well. Say, you don't think Generals was inspired by Sept 11 in any way, do you?

Could be, although terrorists are hardly something new in computer games. I doubt there will be any direct allusions to 9/11, however. Westwood IS the company that delayed the RA2 add-on because it had the New York skyline in the background.

Next month should be a good one for computer games, though.

Originally posted by junior
Could be, although terrorists are hardly something new in computer games. I doubt there will be any direct allusions to 9/11, however. Westwood IS the company that delayed the RA2 add-on because it had the New York skyline in the background.

Yeah. I remember that. And, among others, Black Thorn was altered to change the airport (the developer's original airport map can be downloaded), Flight Simulator was altered, Duke Nukum was held back, among others. I ask because there have been proper full on games made on Afghanistan and Sept 11, such as Assault on Terror and Task Force Dagger.

Hmmmmm...it seems EA want to eliminate all the other companies until they're the only ones left. Origin, Maxis, Westwood...

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Hmmmmm...it seems EA want to eliminate all the other companies until they're the only ones left. Origin, Maxis, Westwood...

Er...

Maxis and Origin still exist, though Origin's sole reason for being anymore is to keep the cash flowing from Ultima Online. If EA is smart, they'll use the Westwood name for the new studio that they're creating from the combined Westwood and EA Pacific groups. That name is worth a lot in the RTS community.

Hmm...

I think I might have a friend that works for EA. I might check with him and see if he knows anything about this.

I think a great idea for a new WC game would be a mix of Simulation and FPS. So you'd be a pilot and a marine. Of course the majority of the game would be simulation.

Back