Antimatter Guns

Yah, it's teh nephihilium guNz!11!

Seriously though, it's probably just a bigger version of the Devastator's main gun... Plasma tech is ancient.

Plasma weapons are mentioned as the main weapons of the Texas-class battlewagons in AS. They were required to "beat down" phase shielding in order to cause hull damage. AS gives the impression that plasma weapons were/are the main weapons for destroying capships until the Kilrathi first use torpedoes at McAuliffe.

Those plasma and particles weapons inspired by the Neps.....impossible. There is practically no time between the introduction of the Nephilim forces (not the Neps existence, just the actually start of hostilities) and being transferred to the Cerberus.

I dont see how... I mean we never see the Nephilim (Look Loaf, no "u"s ;) ) use plasma weapons, they have their own types of weaponry, unlike Confed that had been using plasma weapons for decades. Something tells me the heavy plasma and mass driver cannons were brought in as replacements for the AMGs. Simply that they were newly developed versions of old weapons.

I dont see how... I mean we never see the Nephilim (Look Loaf, no "u"s ;) ) use plasma weapons, they have their own types of weaponry, unlike Confed that had been using plasma weapons for decades. Something tells me the heavy plasma and mass driver cannons were brought in as replacements for the AMGs. Simply that they were newly developed versions of old weapons.

:eek: Finally someone spells Nephilim right.

I dont see how... I mean we never see the Nephilim (Look Loaf, no "u"s ;) ) use plasma weapons, they have their own types of weaponry, unlike Confed that had been using plasma weapons for decades.

Well except for that massive plasma gun in the Kraken that the Midway retrofits...

I'm pretty sure that Prophecy comes out and states that the LRIR and the Tracker MIRV were developed by Finley's group after studying captured/destroyed Nephilim technology (though, of course, they aren't called the "Nephilim" at that point). And we know the big single-use weapon the Midway used was a plasma weapon. Also, doesn't the fiction state somewhere that the green sh*t that the Mantas and Devil Rays shoot is plasma based?

Also, There's no reason to think that just because a basic technology is old that there can't be refinements. Gunpowder driven bullets have been around for hundreds of years, and yet there have been recent advances in armor piercing projectiles that make them more effective. But they're still "bullets". I suspect any plasma weapons used by the Nephilim bear about as much resemblance to the primitive Confederation plasma weapons used in years gone by...

So do you guys suppose that the AMG and PTC after improvements became the guns we now see on the Cerberus and Plunkett.

Not any more than the Neutron Gun is based on the Laser Cannon. The tiny amounts of lore and backstory available on each weapon is pretty different.

I was under the impression that was refined Nephilum technology. In the same vein as the one-use plasma weapon the Midway used to wipe out the advance Nephilum fleet, but just refined a bit (and obviously less powerful). Secret Ops introduced a whole host of new Confed weapons technology that was theoretically made possible by inspirations gained by studying Nephilum tech from Prophecy. (The LRIR and Tracker MIRV I think are explicitly stated as being derived from Nephilum tech, and isn't the Dust Cannon as well?)

As others have stated, we're talking about literally days and weeks here. The Cerberus and Plunkets' weapons were already built before the Nephilim even arrived. Yeah, Finley made some Pliers-esque tweaks to weapons in the field, but that's not the same as saying our missiles are now Nephilim technology. It's worth nothing that the Cerberus' main weapon is a Mark IV Heavy Plasma Cannon.

Also, There's no reason to think that just because a basic technology is old that there can't be refinements. Gunpowder driven bullets have been around for hundreds of years, and yet there have been recent advances in armor piercing projectiles that make them more effective. But they're still "bullets". I suspect any plasma weapons used by the Nephilim bear about as much resemblance to the primitive Confederation plasma weapons used in years gone by...

Yes, AP bullets must be secretely based on alien technology!

Back