...and again about Retros

Very true. Just as being a faithful Shiite Muslim does not make you a terrorist, being a member of the Church of Man does not make you a Retro--only a small fraction actually go out and actively attack people of competing faiths.

Very true. Just as being a faithful Shiite Muslim does not make you a terrorist, being a member of the Church of Man does not make you a Retro--only a small fraction actually go out and actively attack people of competing faiths.

Unfortunately, memegroups (organized religions) always seem to attract a percentage of violent fanatics. One more reason to go without one.

Unfortunately, memegroups (organized religions) always seem to attract a percentage of violent fanatics. One more reason to go without one.

...because there have never been psychos who weren't part of organized religion.

It's a fictional group created for the player to have something besides pirates and Kilrathi to beat on without feeling guilty. Don't take it so seriously.

The Retro's are just a worthless faction that you're supposed to kill. I mean that's it. Hell Standoff sums it up perfectly, "Die by the weapons that you adore, hehe these guys always crack me up"

I know I'm not the only one who knows this.

Wow, you have figured out that the Retros are enemies in a computer game... How ingenious! :p

But seriously, if people want to discuss them, I see no reason why they shouldn't. They're neither more or less "worthless" than anything else being discussed on these forums.

At the same time, it was organized religions which created the social structure that says violent fanaticism is bad in the very place.

But seriously, if people want to discuss them, I see no reason why they shouldn't. They're neither more or less "worthless" than anything else being discussed on these forums.

The earlier posters do have a point, if poorly stated - unlike the Kilrathi or some other fictional Wing Commander group, the Retros were *created* as (essentially) a joke. Righteous Fire fleshes them out (in sometimes odd ways) somewhat, but they remain tongue-in-cheek sort of concept.

I think Retros are kind of comic relief for the games in which they appear...

Now, Fred Phelps in space would be a scary sight!

Back to the Retros... anyone remember the song "Amish Paridise"? "As I walk though the valley where I harvest my grain, I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain, but that's just perfect for an amish like me... (I forgot the rest)"

Back to the Retros... anyone remember the song "Amish Paridise"? "As I walk though the valley where I harvest my grain, I take a look at my wife and realize she's very plain, but that's just perfect for an amish like me... (I forgot the rest)"

Hehe, I love that song! :D

Bandit LOAF said:
The earlier posters do have a point, if poorly stated - unlike the Kilrathi or some other fictional Wing Commander group, the Retros were *created* as (essentially) a joke. Righteous Fire fleshes them out (in sometimes odd ways) somewhat, but they remain tongue-in-cheek sort of concept.

You also spend a campaign saving the nice space birds from evil space cats. :)

Back