An Old Vet, back to spread his memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked you Quarto... We're sorry
smile.gif
(Well not me, I didn't do anything wrong
smile.gif
)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sory Quarto, I didn't mean to hurt your felings.
smile.gif

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 22, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 23, 2000).]

Kalkrath: Jokes aside, it is nice to see you CZoners finally playing nice
smile.gif
And no, I don't hate being nice to CZoners. In fact, I generally try to be nice (if I'm not nice to you, then you can be sure you've messed up big time
smile.gif
) to the users.

Ok, I guess what I was trying to say didn't get through right. Also, I registered on this board... I don't know, 2 years ago. I used to be a daily visitor. I believe it was 3-5 months after the Secret Ops missions had been released that I stopped coming here. I find there too be no activity here, which just proves my case a little further. People are giving up on Wing Commander. As it stands, most of the Wing Commander fans are basically Freelancer/starlancer fans, which you can say are the same thing. There used to be pages and pages of new posts everyday. I was saddened when I saw that the chat board had deleted my SN, but I then figured out that they had just reset the board and that was all. Anyway, I'm not through with WC at all. The second WC6 is actually announced I'll be the first one back. haha, we used to always have arguments every single freakin day, about WC6 on this chat board. Saying how Blair should or shouldn't come back. Unfortunately, Blair/Mark Hammil, does not want to do this anymore, and Blair will never feel like Blair. In addition, Origin announced that it will never release another single player WC again. Or atleast no time soon, after Ultima On-line's success they are sticking to multiplayer ONLY. So the trilogy which was supposed to happen has basically been scratched. Now you can think it is a cover up, and I hope it is too, but chances are it isn't. The day WC6 or PV3 gets officially announced, you guys can expect me back here. Does Crid or LOAF still come around here? Wow, I don't believe how many assumptions you guys just through at me. And you actually thought that this was my first time posting here, just cause it showed that under my info, after the board was reset. WTF, this is WC's first slump? Gosh, not to be mean, but you guys probably haven't been following WC for very long. Well, atleast not everybody here. I have enjoyed all the novels, the movie, and the games, but WCP was a big dissapointement for most people. They got rid of Blair, and the idea of WC did change. It became more of a shooter. And, really WC has become a thing of the past. Everything about it has gone blank, and Origin doesn't even answer e-mails on it. Starlancer and Freelancer are the way to go. And after Chris Roberts quite Origin after Wing Commander, and then Prophecy came out. I learned that it isn't the title of the game, but the MAKER of the game, which makes it great. Anyway, I hope this brings a little clearity. Unfortunately I won't be visiting this site often, but I will atleast once every week.

--From the Core of the Brain
smile.gif

"Now I have shed my first blood.
I feel no qualms; no regret; no remorse.
There is only a weary indifference
that will follow me throughout the war."
-Audie Murphy
The Wing Commander Universe http://fly.to/Wc_universe
Formally known as Ken's Wing Commander Page. Under heavy reconstruction.

Wow, haven't used this signature in a long time, oh darn, gotta take out the HTML, when did they turn that off? Oh well...

[This message has been edited by BrainCore (edited January 23, 2000).]

Hmm...
Now that you mention it, there _may_ have been a BrainCore before... But it was a long time ago. Can't blame us for not remembering - so many people come and go.
This place isn't all that deserted. It's just that we've gotten sick of people screaming "Blair is/isn't dead!".

Except he won't, Kalkrath, as I deleted the post, and direct references to the e-mail fragment in the post.

Notice that both of the other posted e-mails (one of which I was responsable for, admittedly) have been deleted.

That's called a hint.

For the record, my posting of Knight/NRP80's e-mail to me was out of line. Admin or not, e-mail shouldn't be posted to public without specific permission of the original author.

I was wrong when I posted that e-mail, plain and simple.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 23, 2000).]

BrainCore- Origin didn't say that they'll stop making SP WC games. They are going online only for now, but many times they said that they're not abandoning SP.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

Yeah, your right Earthworm, they didn't say they'd stop it all together. But they did say that their next couple of games are all going to be multiplayer ONLY. So it's either a only multiplayer WC or we're gonna have to wait a while. Geesh, I don't believe LOAF, Crid, and Cpl Hades are still here. And yesterday I visited #Wing-commander channel on mIRC and I still knew half the people there. Does anybody here know the BOOK OF LOAF? Well, anyway, I'm gonna be hanging here a little more now :)

BrainCore: To witness the Book of LOAF, you have to come to #wingnut, when Chis is there (and/or when LOAF is there to see it when it's being writen to
smile.gif
). Both Chris and LOAF are still here, but LOAF moved to Texas and is curretly having technical problems. Don't worry about your nick being deleted. It happened to all of us when the CIC caught the Y2K bug and had to be replaced.

------------------
Meson
Fleet Commander Homepage

Wing Commander is not just a game. It's a lifestyle.

Braincore: As there has been no game for a while it makes sense that only the really enthusiastic would still be here - hence the continued presence of LOAF, Crid (Chris Reid?) & Cpl Hades. But then again they are the administrators at this site.

Oh yeah I've never really gotten the straight of what the Book of LOAF is/was.

PS I remember you from last year. You've been gone for like 6 months or something & you had that big sig with the picture WC Universe or something linking to your site.

The Book of LOAF is the most holiest of works in LOAF's Merry Guild, a collection of things said by LOAF in various forums (fora?), maintained by Crid.

There are several ways to sample of the Book's wisdom, but for all of them you need to come to the IRC newsgroup #wingnut, on Dalnet. There is, at this time, no written, dead-tree version of the book.

------------------
SubCrid Death

Can't you post it here? I'm sure all of us want to see LOAFs wisdom in its greatnes.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Were all of the Book to be posted here, it'd easily equal the entire length of the "Bed time storie" thread, all by itself, without any replies.

We don't have that much bandwidth here for the CZ.
smile.gif

------------------
SubCrid Death

So can make a new section on the CIC called The Book of LOAF?

------------------
Gen. Patton

Earthworm,

Would depend on what LOAF says, as they are his quotes, after all.

Kalkrath,

Random example picked off the top of my head.

------------------
SubCrid Death

Yup, I know the Book of Loaf. I screamed in terror, since the second I joined #WingNut a quote appeared. Wow, I'm surprised how not too many things have changed. I guess I got interested too much in 3d shooters. Started with Rainbow 6. I like the sheer interactivness. I love Roger Wilco, it's awesome howyou can talk too your fellow clan members. That makes the games really kewl and life-like. I now play Half life and its various mods. Hmmm.... what am I doing talking about this in a WC forum. Anyway, I'm back into WC for the time being. I'm trying to catch up on everything I've missed which is a formidable amount of stuff and news briefs. Eh, that's kewl Pengiun. Unfortunately I don't really remember you, do you remember a person name Antiax, or Anthrax? Yeah, I did post up a few posts a while ago, but that was just a brief visit just too see how things were progressing at this site. Oh and for those of you who want to see The Book of LOAF, download mIRC32. Go too www.mirc.com and dl mIRC. Then connect to a dal.net server. raptor.dal.net and viper.dal.net are two good ones. Anyway, then you'll find a join box pop-up, type in #WingNut and you'll see it. #Wing-commander is also a kewl room.

Anything that a member of Loafs Merry Guild says can be classified as part of the book of LOAF if the speaker wishes
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

No, it shouldn't. You see, Halman... Let me explain to you something very simple
smile.gif
The book has ONE requirement. That I said something. If I said something, it can go in the book. If I didn't, it can't
smile.gif
Therein, that should in no way go in the book
smile.gif
- The Book of LOAF

And, FYI, the Book of LOAF currently contains 18,225 entries.

------------------
SubCrid Death

[This message has been edited by Death (edited January 24, 2000).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back