All your base.......

Ha! I'll have to wait a few years before I get the bandwidth to DL WCA. And I don't post just for the sake of it. Not all the time anyway. :) Sorry.

Yeah? I downloaded SO with a 36.6... I've also downloaded WCA on my 56k, so you can download it on whatever the hell you have,

TC

Doesn't really matter how fast your modem is, if the server is slow, then you're sunk, right? Most I can manage is 1KBps, 3 if I'm lucky. That's the price you pay for a free service, but I think it's cos more people have come on recently, I used to get 7KBps downloads (oh I was just cruising then, wasn't I).

my download rate is normally between 1 and 3 KB/sec. A 56kilobit/sec modem is only capable at maximum of 7 Kilobytes per second anyways.

TC

Get the freakin GetRight, and you can download whatever the hell you want, whenever the hell you want!

Downloading WCA has never been any easier, what are you waitn' fo' fool?

Well, maybe I'm spoilt by the uni connection (>30KBps!), but I probably won't have the space/time/hardware/software/speed to run it. I'm not kidding, it's a P166. How long did it take to DL, anyway? Apparently connection for me is cut off at a max of 4 hours, plus DLs from BL has usually been at a lovely 300bps. Slower than a snail on Valium...

Right now TyeDyeBoy's hosting the WCAs and Blacklance.org is featuring other weekly specials.

TC

AHA Wedge! You have the same problem as me, then... :)
'Can only use the university computers... ;)

As for getting my own PC... someday I'll do it. It's just so hard deciding what to get, especially when everything becomes obsolete so quickly. What's the fastest publicly available processors these days, anyway?

Guh, I'm sure there's 1.5GHz about. That's exactly what I'm talking about, new processors are coming out and you don't even know it.

THe idea is to get a comnputer that meets your needs now, and then upgrade as needed. As they say the average lifespan for a computer is 3 years, and the one I'm using is going on to 5 years. :)

My monitor, mouse and speakers are still original components of my very first PC, bought way back in July 94 :)

My keyboard would still be with us but the s and left alt keys had this annoying habit of not working when commanded to. Even when threatened by force :)

Back