Afterburner Fuel

Ahhh cr@p!

Kinetic Energy is E=1/2mV^2, where E is the kinetic energy in Joules, m is the mass in kg, and V is the velocity in m/s.

... and I left the half out of my calculations. So divide my energy numbers by 2, or assume a 2 gram particle. It's still a slightly big number though :)

Originally posted by AzraeL
Ahhh cr@p!

Kinetic Energy is E=1/2mV^2, where E is the kinetic energy in Joules, m is the mass in kg, and V is the velocity in m/s.

... and I left the half out of my calculations. So divide my energy numbers by 2, or assume a 2 gram particle. It's still a slightly big number though :)

So you use V=1/4 C ?

Ya know, Einstein himself wasn't sure about his E=MC² formula.
In th ebeginning he but something else in the back. He added the greek letter lambda. He called it the "universal constant". He called it his biggest mistake. But, towards the end of his life, he started thinking about it again, and decided that it wasn't so foolish after all. He just never got round to publishing again. But quite recently (I saw this all in a documentary some while back), some professor started thinking about it too. And he's starting to reach the conclusion that the lambda was indeed correct. Now, what is really important is that nobody is sure whether it's a constant-constant like Avogadro's number (6,0221367 * 10²³) or a constant dependent on certain criteria (like gravitation). That's what I meant by light speed not being a constant.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Murphy's law states that, given the chance, all capital ships should have the same bridge model.

*rimshot*

Especially destroyers. :)

Originally posted by StarLight
I'm not quite too sure about one particle at a quarter the speed of light going to to give a force of a million tons of TNT.

If you use the mass dialtion equation even if you had a one kilogram mass travelling at a quarter the speed of light it will then have a mass of 1.03kg and since F=ma, some how I don't think that even this 1 kilogram mass is going to give a force of a million tons on TNT
[/QUOTE

useing our modern metel your still dead.

can some one tell me an easy way to rember the math formulas in algibra.

Originally posted by Battler Hawke
can some one tell me an easy way to rember the math formulas in algibra.
I think someone should show you how to spell "algebra" first.

Boy, it's starting to look like an issue of "Scientific American" magazine in here!:)

hate to upset u here but standard fuel would get u to the required speeds, its just a matter of ejection speed, and atomic power, ie using steam as a fuel would be a simple matter, indeed with that method, those speeds are way below what u could acchieve! the problem comes merely in making a turbine efficient enough to push the steam out fast enough to create a sufficient thrust.

Originally posted by Wulf
Boy, it's starting to look like an issue of "Scientific American" magazine in here!:)

This happens quite often.......its interesting to watch since half the time I have no idea what the heck is being said, It all just fkys over my head.......oh well.

Back