After KS, how about re-releasing Privateer 1 and 2 for Win 95/98/ME

I found those CPU slowing programs to make the game really jerky though. Also it seems incosistent with cut scenes and flight time ... one setting for your CPU will be too fast for the cutscenes, but too slow for flying (or is it the other way round - can't remember).

Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me?

Oh I found that version of P2 with the extras ... its actually the "Special Edition", not the deluxe edition. Its at:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1213912017

Is this a rare item?

I've got the American release of that, which is... very, very rare (G) Comes in a different box...

Perhaps spending a couple hundred bucks on eBay and getting a machine to run these games eh! Save you some headache and time trying to get them to run on these much faster machines. I can say P2 runs just fine on a P233mmx system with no problems in speed or sync of movies and sound. Privateer 1 CD version (CD-ROM Classics) is speed adjusted and runs perfectly on the same P233mmx system. With the slowdown utility "Moslo", WC1, WC2, WC3 run fine on the same system running moslo at a setting of 60. Save yourself the trouble, spend a few bucks and get a machine that will run these games that they were meant to run on!! It works!! Its fun! Its nastalgic!! :D

RFBurns

My current project is constructing a WC machine -- a computer that will run every Wing Commander game at maximum capacity... I have to figure out exactly what parts I'll need, though.

Back