Abalative Armour

Originally posted by dacis2
Could you guys stop mentioning Star Trek and keep to the Technology? do you realise that this will probably get the thread closed if you continue to do so? and if you want it closed, just say so!

As a general rule, it's pretty dumb to start a thread about Star Trek and then TELL PEOPLE NOT TO TALK ABOUT STAR TREK.

i mean stick to the application of abalative armour, and not talk about how dumb Star Trek is.
OK, well let's talk about how dumb you are for a minute, then.

Where to begin... well, howabout with this quote right here? Y'see, you're so fucking stupid that you didn't understand what LOAF meant when he said it was dumb start a thread about Star Trek and then tell people not to talk about Star Trek.

He didn't say Star Trek was dumb, he said you're dumb. Get it now?

So, you're saying (correctly) that i'm a dumbassed mother-fucker who can't even tell what someone else uis talking about right? For cryin out loud! I'm from a country where manners are flung out the window unless its a formal occasion!(Formal occasions rarely happen)
I DID:NT START THIS THREAD ABOUT STAR TREK<MY DAMNED KEYBOARD SHIFT KEY IS STucK aGAIN > I STARTED THIS THREAD ABOUT ABALATIve armour ok?

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Jesus. :( People's shift keys don't actually get stuck.
And even if they do, there's still such a thing as backspace and delete. And even if these don't work, they could still use Caps Lock to get lower caps with the shift key stuck.
Moral of the story: THERE IS NO REASON TO POST IN ALL CAPS. :D

So, you're saying (correctly) that i'm a dumbassed mother-fucker who can't even tell what someone else uis talking about right? For cryin out loud! I'm from a country where manners are flung out the window unless its a formal occasion!(Formal occasions rarely happen)
I DID:NT START THIS THREAD ABOUT STAR TREK<MY DAMNED KEYBOARD SHIFT KEY IS STucK aGAIN > I STARTED THIS THREAD ABOUT ABALATIve armour ok?

I started a thread about *Captain Picard*, not about Star Trek!

(Yes, I know that sarcasm is lost on you, so I apologize...)

Fine, here's the full crap from www.startrek.com

An outer hull layer on some Federation starships that is designed to vaporize under weapons fire, thereby dissipating energy and protecting the ship's interior. The prototype ships Defiant and Prometheus were equipped with ablative armor.

The Daystrom Institute Techical Library's info is more detailed, implied from the shows.

Ablative Armour

Hi,

I think that you may be getting on Loaf's nerves a bit and with moderators, that is rarely a good idea.

Cheers

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Jesus. :( People's shift keys don't actually get stuck.
Actually, they do. I've had everything from a phone's keypad button to a keyboard key get stuck. The culprit is usually a spilled sugary liquid that dries and becomes tacky (i.e. sticky).

The Daystrom Institute Techical Library's info is more detailed, implied from the shows.

Erm, you DO realize they make about half that stuff up, right? :)

Back