AAAhhh!! Spiders are everywhere

You've both been here since 2002, so you should have long ago learned that "I was here first!" arguments are something that should be left to imbeciles and Lev Arris' crazy brother.

Well, I heard that spiders crawl into your mouth at night when you sleep and suck out your saliva. Not sure how true that is, but I remember hearing it.

Well that's how Humans eat Spider, when they crawl in, we sometimes shut our mouths and they are traped

Do those spiders cause any problems to the CIC bandwidth, or harm the site in anyway? There were over 60 of them here today, at the same time...

TopGun said:
Well that's how Humans eat Spider, when they crawl in, we sometimes shut our mouths and they are traped

That's exactly how it works. Ever wonder why you don't drown in your saliva when you sleep? It's cause while your asleep you swallow out of reflex when there's too much there. Spiders somtimes crawl into your mouth in the night and you swallow them out of reflex.

I was going to post a link to a page on snopes.com that stated that the whole spider in mouth/ seven a year thing was a hoax originating from an e-mail made to prove a point about how easy it was to spread rumors on the internet. Unfortunately, I could not find such a page, so my witty response was ruined. However, perhaps someone would like to search through the site, and let me know that I had enlightened them in some way.

Phillip Tanaka said:
Well, I heard that spiders crawl into your mouth at night when you sleep and suck out your saliva. Not sure how true that is, but I remember hearing it.

At last; a plausible explanation for "morning breath" and the cottonmouth that usually goes with it...

TopGun said:
I wonder what they taste like?

What else?: "Tastes like chicken"
(only, not as meaty...).

Starkey said:
Do those spiders cause any problems to the CIC bandwidth, or harm the site in anyway? There were over 60 of them here today, at the same time...
They request a lot of pages, so it does generate quite a bit of traffic and general server load (since every page on Crius is dynamic). Fortunately neither of those is an immediate concern. We're just annoyed by the fact that it ruins the board usage statistics.

I have no idea. But when you get an error message, you should email chatzone@ with as much information as you can.

Back