A Trade.....

Chris: You Sneaky Bastar*!!!! Too bad I was not around when the rules were made. i would have argued over them and then I would have been kicked off and It would have been ugly :), on second thought, maybe it is better that I was not around when the rules were made up :)

You wouldn't have had a chance to argue at all, Napoleon :). We hammered the rules out at a different forum. It wasn't listed on the front page, so the regular 'Zoners didn't even know the forum existed, and even if they did, access was authorised-users-only.

DAMN!!!! Ahh Well, don't fight what you can't right. but according to rule number 9:
9) If you believe that the CIC staff have made a mistake in regard to (8), you are allowed to protest. However, this is NOT to be done _on_ the board. You should use E-Mail, ICQ, or IRC. Any messages posted on the 'Zone for this purpose will be deleted, and the person responsible may, at the CIC's discretion, be banned.

I interpreted that to mean that the CIC needs a reason to close a thread. ANd that Zoners have the right to question them on it,

Absolutely. You can question our decisions, though the consequences of doing so at the 'Zone can be lethal.

Ok, but since this thread was NOT closed/deleted I did not see how asking why it might be so that me and every other zoner knew what to do as being bad

I am more than aware of it, when a thread that I posted on alot about us politics was closed, I never complained on either the zone or directly to the administers b/c I am willing to accept the desitions of my superiors even if I disagree with them

The law against copied games is right
its wrong but KS might be a different kettle of fish
if you buy a game the money goes to origin, and hopefully towards WC6 if you buy KS on say e-bay then all 5 million pounds goes to the fat bastard who sold it, thats wrong.
so in my opinion KS might be okay
but i aint saying its right, my rule i live by is a cracked games okay, as long as you buy it when you see it. im still kicking me-self for not buying KS back in 96 so i know how you feel, whats worse i saw a copy of the game at the time, and decided not to get it as it was £40 and i already had all but WC1, oh what a fool i am.

Even I got the game... I was completely blind and unable to *move* -- and had I been well I wouldn't have had a computer to play it on, but I still got the game.

Which is to say, you have no excuse!

Im sorry LOAF ill try harder next time :)
do the disk exchange places at Origin sell the CD's, cos if so i have a cunning plan, id do without box and all just for the updated game

Lets say I have Armada and it's damaged (was using it as a frisbie last weekend). Could I contact someone at Origin and ask to exchange/buy a replacement?

Or lets say I have KS but a friend lost the last 4 CD's. Could I get a replacement from Origin?
I doubt the answer is yes but it's worth asing.

Originally posted by LOA--Deadman
Or lets say I have KS but a friend lost the last 4 CD's. Could I get a replacement from Origin?
I doubt the answer is yes but it's worth asing.

I seriously doubt you could find a replacement from EA/OSI since they dont even have the thing in stores anymore. Your best hope is to find replacements on ebay and buy em from there. Good luck!

RFBurns

"Just a passing merchant, dont get jumpy!" [merchant, Privateer/RF]

Back