A new wc game and many new wc ideas

Stunner

Rear Admiral
First off I know some will think my ideas are crazy but others will love 'um. So the game would be called "Wingcommander Birth of Darkeness" (Ok name sucks give me a new one??) And for the main ship it is my COPYRIGHTED sci-fi converted behemoth!!! {Yeah you heard me} (for more info on anything in here just email me at EDH316@neo.rr.com) or reply to this board.

[This message has been edited by Stunner (edited October 14, 2000).]

Why a bethmoth I mean it's huge, has a big gun but no hanger, week spots and a main gun thats problaly only able to destroy planets. An interesting idea though.

The Behemoth obviously wasn't finished when it was put to action, therefore having weak spots in its shields/armor, and no turrets. Secondary, while Behemoths *big gun* works similary to the T-bomb, meaning it shakes ups planets that are unstable tectonicly, and probably would be unable to destroy a stable planet, I see no reason why it could not destroy a capships or a space station.

The Behemoth wasn't really designed to protect itself well... When Tolwyn started working on the project he hated the way it had been designed because it would be hugely vulnerable.

TC

While I will agree with the behemoth is able to destroy star bases I must point out that while it may act like a T-bomb it can destroy a stable planet as its beam would punch through the crust and destroy the core resulting in the planet blowing up. Also only a stupid starship captian would be in the way of the behemoth and would move out of its way hence but the time its ready to fire the ship would be out of the way. (unless the time needed to fire it was less than the time need to escape)

I wonder what Stunner's ships like?

The best varient would be a behemoth on a midway class ship possible 2 or 4 with maybe a few PTC throwin. The power demand would be intense but as all noessencal systems were deactivated it might work.

Originally posted by Dark Tower
While I will agree with the behemoth is able to destroy star bases I must point out that while it may act like a T-bomb it can destroy a stable planet as its beam would punch through the crust and destroy the core resulting in the planet blowing up.
Anyway...
Also only a stupid starship captian would be in the way of the behemoth and would move out of its way hence but the time its ready to fire the ship would be out of the way. (unless the time needed to fire it was less than the time need to escape)
Yeah, and only a stupid starship captain would sit around and have his capships destroyed by torpedos... A smart capship captain would run away from a fight... Behemoths weapon has a prety good range and while the Behemoth is incredibly slow, it's not that much slower than heavy Kilrathi capships, wich could die quickly unless they had fighter patrols.

I wonder what Stunner's ships like?
It's an unbalanced piece of crap that combines several sci-fi universe into one.

The best varient would be a behemoth on a midway class ship possible 2 or 4 with maybe a few PTC throwin. The power demand would be intense but as all noessencal systems were deactivated it might work.
Yay, few PTC's! An even higher chance for your ship to blow up. But you're right, once we turn off shielding, and life suport we could fire all those things at once.

The Behemoth wasn't really designed to protect itself well... When Tolwyn started working on the project he hated the way it had been designed because it would be hugely vulnerable.
But it was suposed to be stronger, and have some turrets...

[Edited by Earthworm on 11-19-2000 at 14:23]

"But it was suposed to be stronger, and have some turrets... "

And you know how much difference turrets make in the WC Universe!

Yup, I sure do. Few heavy turrets on the Behemoth and no weak spots would make it much better than the piece of crap that it was.

'And no weak spots'???

You can't make a ship that size have no weak spots. There would be all kinds of places where it would be vulnerable. There are always going to be spots where its rather structurally unstable (especially in something that's basically a gun with engines.)

TC

Yeah, but there shouldn't have been any places were armor and shielding is weaker. Some parts of the Behemoth had bearly any shielding, that's why the wreckage of that Strakha from HOTT did so much damage.

There were probably design reasons that the shielding and armour were not constant all the way around. Its not as easy as 'let's just throw on some more armour' or all ships would have quite a bit more. The structure underneath needs to be able to hold the armour in place, otherwise it'll just fall off as soon as it's impacted by anything.

TC

And there were also the time limits about which Tolwyn talks about. He'd like to have more time for testing the thing, and puting the finishing touches on it, but when the cats took out Lockanda he was forced to deploy it.

Either way, she wasn't designed taking into account that she could be attacked by large amounts of cats. Defense of the ship was an afterthought.

TC

WOW More replys and not all are bad!

Ok first off granted it is a sci-fi loaded ship but it does have "soft spots" Such as where the shadow spikes come out there are paper thin shielding around them becasue shields (or at least by me) werent ment to swereve around just be basically 1 big circle of shielding. Also it HAS turrets and other defenses. I've posted a small update awhile ago in the general chat about taking out some of the sci-fi enhances but it still has alot of re-re-re-re doing to go yet.

When we were talking about weak spots and no turrets, it was about the *real* Behemoth... Not about your, whatever the hell were you smoking when you came up with it Behemoth...:)

Actually, Earthworm, I believe the Behemoth (that is, the original - I'm not touching all the other crap ;)) could destroy any planet it wanted. Certainly (unless there was something in the book that I can't remember right now), nobody ever mentioned the Behemoth having any limitations in that aspect.

I do believe that as is the case with the T-bomb, we were told that while it could destroy most planets in theory it wouldn't necesarly do that.

And by posting that *anyway* I meant that "punching thorough the crust and hiting the core" didn't sound right.:)

[Edited by Earthworm on 11-19-2000 at 20:06]

Back