A new game idea

Hey Ziggy of course you can because the tem to create anything of this consists of u and me cause no one in any forum here, spacebattles or sci-fi art has replied so If you can modl in any "D" then fine just reply or send me and email at EDH316@neo.rr.com

What I find funny about this ship is that it has a 'Death Blossom with infinite recharge'... The Pkunk Fury's Death Blossom [Star Control I, II and III] (for those of you who don't know) came from the Pkunk ship (with a high turn speed [2-d universe]) rotating in either direction, firing its main gun (which is three turrets in a _|_ formation), whilst occasionally insulting the enemy to recharge its gun. The ship ALREADY has an infinite recharge, and is pretty pointless in the first place (unless you, like myself, are a highly qualified Fury Fighter Pilot who resurrects far too many times in one battle).

And I could take out your ship with one Arrow VI.

Take the Arrow chassis, replace the main guns with a pair of Dust Cannons, make the power plant slightly larger, increase its Decoy storage space (make it 28 instead of the [24?] it already has), and load it with 6 ELRIRs. Then, from 10000 klicks, I can beast your "ship" with impunity.
wink2.gif
AND I can say I took out a super-fighter.
biggrin.gif

Oh, and if those ELRIRs don't work, I can always take you out the tried-and-true way: Strafing.
smile.gif
At 1400 klicks, you're not likely to hit me, but I can hit yooooouuuuuuu.
cool.gif

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

[This message has been edited by Anagram (edited October 17, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.. And what's good about my fighter is that it's PLAUSIBLE, as opposed to your ship.
smile.gif

------------------

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Ha that is so rich ok fine your not the only one to say the infinite recharge is too much (granted amung other things) so I WILL grant it's removal from my ship so now the main gun has a 10 minute delay and the death bloosum has a 30 minute delay.

Actually the first appearence of the Death Blossom is in the movie The Last Starfighter, though the Pkunk get nods for the first game appearence of such technology.

P.S. Stunner - What point is there in your uber tech ship? Where is the fun and challenge and most importantly, imaganation in that.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

Your main gun now fires once in ten minutes? OK...

"Hobbes, attack my target."
"Affirmative, Colonel."

~boom~
"Aaugh! Ejecting, Colonel."

~I rush in, and destroy your ship, carefully dodging your Death Blossom.
wink2.gif
~

------------------

Ahh as someone
wink2.gif
mentioned previously Maniac can never die.
All the better
smile.gif
. He can take the hit and still help you out
biggrin.gif

On a marginally related note, I just finished reading the WC1 & 2 Strategy Guide (thanks to Mad Hatter
smile.gif
). Turns out that originally, they had a suicide AI routine - ie., the cats would try to crash into you if certain conditions were met. Heh, I'm real glad they took that one out
biggrin.gif

Ouch. That suicide thing could be very deadly, especially when playing the older games after WCP. It seems that after WCP, I have a real hard time remembering that colliding with other ships is bad.

Wow the bashings are going down Cool. Sorry. But anyways ok vondoom i guess your right this ship should be used in a more of a sci-fi game then a wc one. But what about a shadow enhanced BWS Intrepid?? As for Anagram
is that a good ok or bad. if bad well I'm slowly and stubornly working on my ship if good then GREAT. Dodge Dodge with all that you dare of all things say dodge? At least the last person said destroy not DODGE!!!

[This message has been edited by Stunner (edited October 18, 2000).]

So the ship is essentialy all cannons?

When you fire one of them it'll probably short out all of the others and overload the core.

Oops, I didn't remember you didn't include the batteries with it.
wink2.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our neck before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

You mean klaus? He has a "name", you know.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Yeah you "impossible sci fi ship" person.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

come see the new Meson's Starport! Now at http://www.mesonstarport.com
Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Pfft... it takes too long to learn all your names "name" dude.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Back