A good picture of a confederate uniform?

Danaru

Spaceman
I'm attempting to make a confederate uniform for the last day of school next year (they won't see me again, I have to do something!) and I was wondering if anyone could post pictures of different uniforms confederate crew members wear. any help would be appreciated.

I want to try for some time around the privateer timeline, or a bit after. really any confederate uniform would work

That's an odd game to pick. :) Of the games where we see Confed uniforms, that's where we see them the least, and it also happens to be wedged between the WC2 and WC3 uniforms.

Terrell.png

http://home.iprimus.com.au/Wedge009/Priv/PerryBar.png
http://home.iprimus.com.au/Wedge009/Priv/Goodin.png

Here's Blair:
largeblair2.gif

I believe the word 'Confederation' is generally used instead of 'Confederate'. "A Confederation ship" or "A Confederation uniform".

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know what the upside-down triangle badge represents on the right side breast of Confed uniforms from the WC3-WCP period? I noticed that in WC3 and WC4, all officers and NCOs have these on their uniforms. In Prohecy, only the SF officers and Blair are sporting them. Even Wilford, who wore one in WC4, is without.

Are these flight wings or some sort of fighter qualification badge?

They were designed to be WC3/4-era wings, though I'm not sure they're actually applied this way.

ChrisReid said:
That's an odd game to pick. :) Of the games where we see Confed uniforms, that's where we see them the least, and it also happens to be wedged between the WC2 and WC3 uniforms.

Terrell.png

Whoa, is that Terell? It's been some serious time since I played Privateer.

I'm starting to think that maybe there is a slight chance that Loaf isn't too happy with a few of the Priv remake decisions.

Find a "Defend" mission that has you going againt 15+ Pirates or Retros. Afterburn back and forth through them. They typically pay upwards of 250,000. Best done in a Demon with quad-autotracking Tachyons.

What the carp? How many Mace missiles would you bring?

Since Confed was losing the war between WC2 and WC3, they decided to change the uniforms of th entire military. And repaint the fleet blue. You know, blue is cool.

Delance said:
Since Confed was losing the war between WC2 and WC3, they decided to change the uniforms of th entire military. And repaint the fleet blue. You know, blue is cool.

This idea came up a month or two back. "Between WC2 and WC3" is still a few years, and things like uniforms, fighters and even capships need upkeep in that time. You don't need to change all your materials over night. It's entirely probable that once new designs were approved, materials slowly began going out. About the only ship we see from WC2-3, the Concordia, still has its WC2 colors pretty much. It's also entirely probable that a society capable of doing the things we see in the 2660s would find the cost of clothing and paint to be incredibly small.

ChrisReid said:
It's also entirely probable that a society capable of doing the things we see in the 2660s would find the cost of clothing and paint to be incredibly small.

It's probable, but not very logical. :p

Does anybody know why the uniforms from WC4 weren't used in Prophecy? The WC4 Confed uniforms were much better looking compared to the drab (but utilitarian) Prophecy uniforms. The collar on the Prophecy TCN uniform is especially annoying.

ChrisReid said:
No, it's pretty damn logical.

It's logical Confed gave the entire fleet a paint job between 2667 and 2669? Maybe that logic escapes me. I'm not saying they couldn't do it, but rather, to what purpose did they do it?

Back