A few WC models...

WildCat

Cadet
Well, I saw Chris' comment in the news about the lack of new models lately so here are a few that I made a while ago, complete and otherwise :). It's been a while since I did any WC related stuff but these models were for a site I was planning on making with models for anyone who needs them. It's still something I want to do some day.

Attachments

• durango.jpg
    durango.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 236
  • ranger2.jpg
    ranger2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 272
And the other two images. Comments are appreciated.

Attachments

• ranger.jpg
    ranger.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 221
  • tala.jpg
    tala.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 211
I like the Ranger class the best of the 3 ships, but that probobaly has more to do with the actual original designs of the ships rather than your work. They're all good!

Mh interesting look...what do you use? Milkshape with somekind of cellshader or something complete different?

Beside that the textures would be good if someone would like to do an animated WC Movie...maybe Wing Commander Academy 2?

Beside that the textures would be good if someone would like to do an animated WC Movie...maybe Wing Commander Academy 2?

Funny you should mention that, I am working on an animated Wing Commander Mini-series of sorts...

Thanks for your comments guys. The cartoon look is just how I did the textures, there's no special plugin or tool for it. I use Milkshape and PSP8.

I don't guess you'd wanna fulfill my long-time dream of having a 3d model of the ship from my privateer stories, would ya?

Great work, they look like WarCraft/Wing Commander (WC/WC, ehehehe) crossover, really cool.
A quick comment on the Durango original design... It's cool, but it's strange, ain't it? And the scale in the Instructor ending... the Banshees were so big, they were like a tenth as big as the carrier... how would they fit squadrons of banshees, vindies and the rest?

Great ship though, it looks beliavable and kinda original at the same time, while looking as shoddy as it should.

I'm intersted if you could convert the ships in iff mesh format. Actually I'm programming to standoff full time but I have a future project and should be good to begin to work in others ships if you are interested.

Tango, I'll start reading up on how to add them to SO, give me your email sometime and I'll send you a follow up. Thanks.

My public mail is silvio_222@yahoo.com, now if you want send me some big file advise me and I give you other mailbox.
It could be good if you work on models rather than standoff models, then we would have more selection possibilities to new mods. :)

Eder, you have a "short-easy-guide" to learn a ship convertion?
Eder is the best for this work, standoff ships created by him are simply wonderful!

Well if that Killerwave link that Eder sent was the tutorial then...argh, I'm not sure if I can follow. What are the tools that I need to convert?

The tools you need are ModelC, PEOViewer, and the PEO exporter plugin for 3d exploration. Oh, and 3d exploration, too.

Basically, open the model in 3d exploration, save as a PEO, open that in PEOViewer, save data to c:\, then open modelC and your model is there. Follow the specifics that are in the tutorial to make sure everything exports right.

I'm afraid there's no easier way to do this, since the tutorial mentions a lot of details that can give you unexplainable errors in the engine.

Back