A call for voices.

poopnoodle said:
i'd be glad to help,

just tell me what i can do and i'll do it to the best of my ability.

-brad

Great, same deal applies. If you can send a sample to rileymk@bigpond.net.au in WAV format, 16bit, 22khz, mono - then I'll be able to see your ability and assign you a role. You can just use the same sample line as above.

"How about shooting AROUND me, rather than THROUGH me." (Emphasis on the capitalised)

Appreciate the interest.

-Tempest

Eder said:
Does that mean you've completed all those three missions? :) I'll remember that for the next update.

Well, yellow card mean "in progress", I didn't said "green", yellow is "This item is a work in progress, but still not close to completion." :D
BTW, I finished one mission and other I'm finishing coming soon. :)
I was trying to search how the simulator store the score to patch it, that take me a lot of time... I still without to find where the darned simulator store it, but I'm intercalating my work between code missions and patch learning until prologue will be finish.

TanGO

voice sample sent

well i got my mic to work somehow. and i sent it to you tempest. of course being my voice i think it's crappy :( but hey what the heck why not? :p well there you go :D

I'd like to help!!
I have a mic! Even though im asian and might have the chinese-impedement, i promise not to sound like William Hung :D .

Straggler said:
I'd like to help!!
I have a mic! Even though im asian and might have the chinese-impedement, i promise not to sound like William Hung :D .

Read up a few posts to the instructions, and send a sample my way :)

@Straggler: you're asian? cool. my parents are vietnamese but i was born and raise in the US so no accent in me :p well.... except for maybe a georgian accent :D

I'm yellowed skinned too. The point is, if you sound ok over a mic, no one is going to care who you are or what race you are.

psych,

WC Saga & Standoff VA

psych said:
I'm yellowed skinned too. The point is, if you sound ok over a mic, no one is going to care who you are or what race you are.

psych,

WC Saga & Standoff VA

That's right! In the last few days, I've had a huge influx of voice volunteers. I have the accents of Russians, Scottsmen, Aussies, Brazillians, Germans.. the list goes on. We have a very multicultural universe. But I say that's a good thing. Not everyone in space can be exactly the same. Everyone would still have their different backgrounds and native tongue, as we have seen in the other Wing Commander games. We're happy to honor the tradition! :)

Yep, I'll get back to you in just a moment, Turbo. Got loooots of voices coming in, so apologies to anyone who's feeling neglected. But I promise I"ll respond to you all as soon as I can :)

i sent mine off today

enjoy

(the only problem is that my mic makes me sound like i have a southern accent)

TurboTim07 said:
i should? :eek: i haven't :(

Well, I just resent them. They come through this time?

Also, everyone, FYI, I'll post an update of all the voiceover roles sometime soon. And it's a big update. :) Thanks everyone for their participation, this has been a major success. But it's not over yet! Keep those files coming. You're all doing a great job.

Audition wont necessarily end. As long as people are willing to lend their voices, I'm willing to give them something to do.

Ok, people! Here's the big update of what's come to pass so far. You may all remember the old voice overs thread where Eder listed our current voice artist, so I'll update that now with all the new talent I've rounded up in this last few weeks. And I must say, it has been a tremendous success. You guys, especially the ones who have completed large sums of lines and have already got all their stuff done and sent to me, deserve a big pat on the back. I'll post the old list, followed by all the additional voices that have recently joined up. These guys will also be on our great credits :) But dont worry, if you haven't sent me a sample yet, there's still plenty of time to get on this list.

Brian "WildWeasel" Janiga - Cougar (Wingman), TCS Moskva (Comm officer)

Justin "LeHah" Bielawa - Longshot (Wingman), TCS Concordia/Lexington (Comm officer, both share the same lines)

Michael "Needaham" Mahadeen - Saxman (Wingman), TCS Columbia/Clydesdale Minelayer (Transport pilot, both share the same lines)

Christopher "Alec" Patti - Trigger (Wingman), Confed Pilot #1 (Generic Wingman)

Brian "Viper61" Swift - Squealer (Wingman), TCS Francis Drake (Corvette comm officer)

Daniel Klette - TCS Tarawa (Comm officer), TCS Olympus/James Faull (Comm officer, both share the same lines)

Jed "TyeDyeBoy" McBride - TCS Reims/Verdun (Comm officer, both share only a few lines)

Lee Fox - Stingray (Wingman), Confed Pilot #3 (Generic Wingman)

Eric "Striker" Cook - TCS Roger Young (Comm officer - also doubles as "Generic" Confed comm officer)

Dave Blanken - TCS Leyte Gulf (Comm officer), Generic Landreich comm officer

René Prock - Confed Pilot #4 (Generic Wingman), Landreich Pilot #1 (Generic Wingman)

Jez Rictheron - Civilian comm officer #1

Guilherme "Starkey" Poggiali - Landreich Pilot #2 (Generic Wingman)

Arvin "TheFraix" Nathanael - Civilian comm officer #2

Diego "Ghost" Bortman - Civilian comm officer #3

Robert "Filler" Fowler - Confed Pilot #5 (Generic Wingman), Aussie Dude (Cutscene one-liner)

Mark "Tempest'' Riley - Voice of Computer, Doomsday (Wingman), Generic Confed Pilot #7

-------------------------------------------------
NEW ADDITIONS

Mauri "Darkblade" Majanoja - Generic Marine LC Comm Officer

Nick "Psych" Hu - (Main Role, as well as these extras:) Stoned Civilian, Generic Corvette #1

Karl Frank - Landreich Comm Officer

Eyal "Hammerhead" Herstein - Generic Comm Officer #2

Matt "Speradon" Khitikian - Generic Confed Pilot #4

Tim "Turbotim" Nguyen - Generic Comm Officer #3

Aspec - Generic Landreich Pilot #3

Chris Pearson - Generic Confed Pilot #5

Kevin Bell - Generic Confed Pilot #6

NCODB - Generic Transport Officer #1

Ben Xplore - Generic Comm Officer #1

Edmo Suassuna - Generic Transport Officer #2

Ryan "Zeppo" M. - Generic Confed Pilot #2

Brad - Generic Comm Officer #2

Jeff - Generic Corvette Officer #2

Straggler - Generic Comm Officer #4

Srtthesmart - Generic Corvette Officer #3

Please note that all those under the --------- have received all of their lines, and many have already completed their work. This list does not contain EVERYONE, as I still have several people interested in a role, but who just haven't received their lines yet, or are still working on a sample.

Now, this has been a major success... I've gone from having a whole bucket-full of lines to get through, to the point where I'm having to MAKE new lines to fulfill the demand of voices. Great work, people. :)

- A very happy Tempest

Back