3D WC2 "Blue Hair" Blair

dczanik

Rear Admiral
I created a classic Wing Commander 2, "Blue Hair" Christopher Blair in 3D. Thought you guys might like it.

Not finished, his eyes are a little wonky. Maybe one day. I'll make the character available as a 3D download for the community.

Cartoon Look:
wing_commander__unfinished_blue_hair_3d_blair_by_dczanik-d6pm2ov.png

Quick Render:
wing_commander__blue_hair_in_3d_by_dczanik-d6pkyn0.png

Looks like a good start. :)

If you'll ever finish this and Howard Day is interested, then maybe you could contribute it to his Concordia Hangar program. :)

Awesome!
I knew you could do ships well, and now you are showing a person!
I'm not an artist, but IMO persons are that hard to draw because we humans instinctively look at faces in a certain way and spot even minor errors, dunno if that's the reason why good looking faces are so hard to create.

I am really looking forward to see more of your work ;)

Those eyes aren't that wonky, it's just his 'are you saying I'm sitting on a nuke'-face. :p

Also, he sort of looks like Mel Gibson.

Nice work mate! Facial modeling is one of the most frustrating things you can do in 3D. Keep it up, you've got a great start!

Thanks Klavs! I've been practicing, there's some cool stuff coming up.
The top guy does look a little like Mel Gibson, hopefully this is an improvement.
And sort of update, going back and using the original textures. One step back, two steps forward.
I actually thought it was neat to show what Blair's face looked like facing forward.
Didn't add the hair or body just yet, so it's just photoshopped.
blair-compare2b.jpg

Back