3D WC2 "Blue Hair" Blair

dczanik

Captain
I created a classic Wing Commander 2, "Blue Hair" Christopher Blair in 3D. Thought you guys might like it.

Not finished, his eyes are a little wonky. Maybe one day. I'll make the character available as a 3D download for the community.

Cartoon Look:
wing_commander__unfinished_blue_hair_3d_blair_by_dczanik-d6pm2ov.png

Quick Render:
wing_commander__blue_hair_in_3d_by_dczanik-d6pkyn0.png

FekLeyrTarg

Rear Admiral
Looks like a good start. :)

If you'll ever finish this and Howard Day is interested, then maybe you could contribute it to his Concordia Hangar program. :)

Aginor

Vice Admiral
Awesome!
I knew you could do ships well, and now you are showing a person!
I'm not an artist, but IMO persons are that hard to draw because we humans instinctively look at faces in a certain way and spot even minor errors, dunno if that's the reason why good looking faces are so hard to create.

I am really looking forward to see more of your work ;)

Dyret

Super Carrot!
Those eyes aren't that wonky, it's just his 'are you saying I'm sitting on a nuke'-face. :p

Also, he sort of looks like Mel Gibson.

Klavs81

Rear Admiral
Nice work mate! Facial modeling is one of the most frustrating things you can do in 3D. Keep it up, you've got a great start!

dczanik

Captain
Thanks Klavs! I've been practicing, there's some cool stuff coming up.
The top guy does look a little like Mel Gibson, hopefully this is an improvement.
And sort of update, going back and using the original textures. One step back, two steps forward.
I actually thought it was neat to show what Blair's face looked like facing forward.
Didn't add the hair or body just yet, so it's just photoshopped.
blair-compare2b.jpg