Your first WC game

Ah, that explains everything. I don't watch Star Trek anything
smile.gif
. I never liked it, even after my history teacher (can ya believe that?
smile.gif
) forced us to watch two ST movies in class. And I certainly didn't pay any attention to the credits, so I wouldn't have a clue about anybody except for Spock... since he appeared in the Simpsons
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Your history teacher forced you to watch Star Trek?! Now that`s odd, because as far as I know ST takes place in the future, not in the past.
smile.gif

Why did you watch it?

Hey, I wish my history teacher let us watch Star Trek. There're a lot of historical allusions in there.
smile.gif

Quarto: You don't know Shatner? For shame... Hey, you said you know Spock 'cause he was on this Simpsons. Have you heard of George Takei (good old Sulu), he was on the Simpsons, too.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Dralthi5: You may think he's cool, but have you ever heard him sing? Man, there's something they should have a law against...preferebly one with the death penalty atached to it.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I wouldn`t mind my teachers "forcing" me to watch ST movies either, it`s just that I failed to see the relevence in doing so.
I would really like to know what stands behind that idea. Quarto?

Oh, and speaking of singing actors, has anyone heared David Haselhoff (sp?), from Babe-Watch sing? Last I heared he was doing rather well in Germany, heh.

No Regret: Singing or no, I still think he's cool.
smile.gif

------------------

Argh. A word of advice, people. If you ever press [tab] while halfway through a post, beware of [esc].

Right. As I was saying before I cleared the damned post, we watched ST while studying - of all things - ancient Greece. It had nothing to do with historical allusions, though.

The two movies we watched were ST2 (the wrath of some guy), and ST3 (the search for Spock, aka dumbest plot known to mankind). As you may recall, at the end of ST2, Spock dies, saying "the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few". My history teacher thought that this best portrayed Spartan ideology.
And we watched ST3 - you guessed it - because some guy in it said "the needs of the few outweight the needs of the many", which in turn was supposed to portray Athenian ideology.

No, Dralthi5, I have never heard of George Takei. I remember the Scottish guy, though ("It's no use, Captain. I canna reach the controls").
smile.gif

Quarto said:

The two movies we watched were ST2 (the wrath of some guy), and ST3 (the search for Spock, aka dumbest plot known to mankind). As you may recall, at the end of ST2, Spock dies, saying "the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few". My history teacher thought that this best portrayed Spartan ideology.
And we watched ST3 - you guessed it - because some guy in it said "the needs of the few outweight the needs of the many", which in turn was supposed to portray Athenian ideology.
smile.gif

hey! :\ stop dissing trek.

Now Kain, not everybody who loves WC has to like ST.
Anyway, Quarto, these are nice sayings, but to watch 2 whole movies just for these 2? That`s absurd.
smile.gif

Quarto: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan! Yeesh, you really don't know a thing about Trek, do you?
smile.gif
And, come on, Star Trek 3 was cool. I could watch Christopher Lloyd falling into a pool of lava any time!

------------------

David Hasselhof's song is a part of human culutral heritage compared to the total oral crap the Shatner produced. I shall not dis trek, but I shall dis Shatner and TOS whenever I feel like it. Except Scotty. Scotty is cool. And Bones too. And Spock. But only when he's talking with McCoy. And Chekov when he's asking about nuclear "wessels".

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No Regret said:
And Chekov when he's asking about nuclear "wessels".

Yeah, I remember that, quite hilarious. I think STIV was the funniest in the series, and it was nice, for a change, they didn`t take themselves too seriously.

Yeah, you can't help but laugh out loud when Scotty tries to talk to the circa-1986 computer in order to get it working. Oh, and when Kirk talks about Spock taking too much LDS. Funny.
wink.gif

------------------

Back