Wing Commander Saga Klavs Ship Pack

Much overdue update.

Ive been going back to school this fall so I have had little to no time to work on the mod since September.

The good news is that exciting things are happening behind the scenes that will help fix many issues with the mod.

I am hoping to get back to work for the winter break and start on those 3D cockpits!

sorry for the necroing.
but now that WCS and WCIVDemo were ported to the modern versions of FS2Open, and with Knossos launcher being a thing.

there's any news about 3.0 and 3.5 cockpits?

No worries, sorry for the late response.

As I thought, going back to school has taken up a lot of my time and energy and the mod has been shelved. I have not given up on finishing it. The exciting things behind the scenes I mentioned was I had access to test versions of the FS2Open port of WCS. I had a version of 3.0 working with the port. I will have a look at the beta version of the port and the Knossos launcher. If the mod runs I can release 3.0 in this thread.

I did a quick check to see if 3d cockpits worked with render to texture and they do! It will take some time to build a custom cockpit and figure out how to make it work with render to texture (I have some ideas).

I can't make promises on a timeline yet but I hope to get back to the mod sooner than later.

Thank you all for your patience.

Quick update. I have port and Knossos installed. There are a few bugs (2d cockpits are missing). Once I get the bugs fixed I will try to release 3.0!

I fixed the 2d cockpit bug (it was my resolution setting) there is one small bug I want to fix but it should be pretty quick to do. 3.0 should be out soon!

fs2_open_3_8_1_20180929_da5e7f1_x64_SSE2 2018-09-30 14-34-05.png

this is what happened when i tried to do the scout mission, the hud is all over the place.

That is odd, It's probably related to the 3D cockpit tests I was doing. Is it the same in the capital ship patrol mission?

I will have a look and see what I can do.

That is odd, It's probably related to the 3D cockpit tests I was doing. Is it the same in the capital ship patrol mission?

I will have a look and see what I can do.

yes, both missions, also it screwed with the normal Saga Hud too, i had to remove.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone else had had this issue - I've followed the instructions and placed WC1ships31.vp into my WCS root directory. However, when I attempt to view one of the WC1 ships (not the Darkest Dawn ones, those I can still see just fine), the game freezes. If I attempt to begin one of the sample missions, also, the game crashes and I get this bit of debug:

WC1Patrol.fs2(line 19:
Error: Required token = [#Command Briefing] or [#Briefing], found [+Fog Far Mult: 1.000000] .

ntdll.dll! ZwWaitForSingleObject + 12 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObject + 18 bytes
wcsaga_sse2.exe! <no symbol>

Am I missing something super obvious?

Run the game mods through Knossos, it will update Wing Saga to the most recent version.

I updated to the latest Knossos as well, all seems to be working well.

I honestly don't know how I missed this ships pack, I loved both Raptor and the Rapier, my favorite fighters back when Wing Commander started in the 90's and I remember them so well.

Glad to hear people are still playing and enjoying the mod. I swear I will finish it one of these years. I'm currently (slowly) working on modeling the cockpit when I have the time and the energy.

Back