Wing Commander Prophecy: Secret Ops Model Update Pack

Yippee! That was the right hint, @Pedro! I had to tell Windows via the NVidia control panel to use the graphics card. Now I can see something inside the game! But now to the next problem: The picture is only displayed correctly if I choose a resolution of 640x480. But I would like a resolution of 3000x2000. If I set this resolution, the picture is too big, so that it doesn't fit on the screen.

That is an odd resolution. Are you sure it’s correct? It’s not even a standard aspect ratio. It’s only been tested with 4:3 and 16:9. Have you tried other resolutions with a standard aspect ratio?

make sure that full screen is selected and compare with your monitors native resolution, you can manually set the dimensions in the file OpenGL.cfg if the launcher is giving you false values.

Pedro, it's ok, I've have finished both games with the new model pack on my laptop.

All the best on WCIV

Happy new year!

I actually tried 3000x2000 because that is the native resolution of my notebook display. I also tried 1920x1080, but then the image doesn't fit on the screen or is cut off (right and bottom). I have tried both: Full screen and windowed mode. With both settings I have the same effect. I'll try Full HD resolution again when I'm back home and can connect a Full HD screen.

I actually tried 3000x2000 because that is the native resolution of my notebook display. I also tried 1920x1080, but then the image doesn't fit on the screen or is cut off (right and bottom). I have tried both: Full screen and windowed mode. With both settings I have the same effect. I'll try Full HD resolution again when I'm back home and can connect a Full HD screen.

Just as a sanity check also try a 4:3 resolution
Also on your windows display settings check if your scaling is set to 100%, if not try it at 100.
Applications now have to declare they know about Windows scaling if they don’t want to be messed with by windows scaling, and I can’t remember if I updated the GL to handle that. If that is the case you may find a compatibility mode fixes it.

The game play doesn't really support 16:9, it basically letterboxes the game to a 4:3 because the 2d elements aren't properly scaled for 16:9. I run it at 1920 but it forces the game into a 4:3 aspect within it.

That's still a bizarre resolution. 2880x1800 is a similar 16:10 aspect ratio that some computers have. That seems more likely.

I actually tried 3000x2000 because that is the native resolution of my notebook display.
That's still a bizarre resolution. 2880x1800 is a similar 16:10 aspect ratio that some computers have. That seems more likely.
I have now connected my Full-HD screen and set the resolution of the game to 1920x1080. This works great. The game is automatically displayed in 4:3 format (with black borders on the sides). Obviously there is no need to correct the scaling of Windows.

Thank you to all of you for all your suggestions.

Happy New Year Wingnuts! Well we keep plugging away here at the MUP. Grim is finalizing a few additional engine tweaks for correcting issues with corvette impacts and a new mesh for the capship explosion shockwave. The old one was a bit angular so we're seeing if we can use a smoother mesh with some more triangles to make it look more better. We're also looking at possibly doing dynamically sized shield impacts on capships based on the power of the weapon (ie. a tachyon gun would have a larger impact image than a laser for example). Finally - and this is good news: Grim was able to confirm that the .DLL conflict in WCP which was preventing us from implementing dead capships is resolved. The conflicting DLL was from HCl's visual upgrade pack and the open/GL patch handles the same functionality. So we can start implementing dead ships in WCP as well.

On the art front: Cerberus V2 is meshed and textured. It's closer to the original game mesh, the V1 had a stubbier nose, and the V2 model is about 3k fewer triangles. The good news is I was able to reuse the components from the V1 model (although I had to re-texture all of them) but It was good because I could be more efficient on texture space. I have to finish up the hardpoints and do the collision meshes but it should be ready in a few days for me to trial out in the game. below you can see the finished meshes and the dead hull object.

CerbV2-4.jpgCerbV2-1.jpgCerbV2-2.jpgCerbV2-3.jpg

DeadCerb2.jpgDeadCerb1.jpg

Enjoy!

CerbMk2_Wip2.jpg(yes all those panels were hand drawn via texture paint - you're welcome. ;) )

Last edited:
I have now connected my Full-HD screen and set the resolution of the game to 1920x1080. This works great. The game is automatically displayed in 4:3 format (with black borders on the sides). Obviously there is no need to correct the scaling of Windows.

Thank you to all of you for all your suggestions.

Windows automatically picks scaling based on the monitor, if connecting a different screen fixed it you’ll probably find that was the cause

Looks really good ! is the MUP updated or wherein ?
It will be soon. I have to finish up the cruise ship, and Vesuvius v2. I also want to do some tweaking to the Midway, and I also have a request for less party colored containers on the Pelican. I might create optional grey containers for those.

Just throwing it out there; I added the ability to replace the skyboxes with high resolution tga's a while ago if anyone fancies taking a crack at replacements (whilst the starfield is a 1024*1024 cube map the nebula is still the original 256*256 stretched palette based images).

Just throwing it out there; I added the ability to replace the skyboxes with high resolution tga's a while ago if anyone fancies taking a crack at replacements (whilst the starfield is a 1024*1024 cube map the nebula is still the original 256*256 stretched palette based images).
Well, well... you're speaking my language here: I do happen to have the pro licence for Space Engine, so if any of you lads see, in the free version, a place you'd like converted into a super high resolution skybox, just send me its coordinates.

1580315431930.png

Thanks Wingnuts! We all really appreciate you voting for us this year! Though it's hard to believe that it's been 5 years already. I guess we're giving Star Citizen a run for its money in the "protracted alpha" department. :)

But seriously this thing is a labor of love for us and it's awesome to know you all think so highly of the project. A huge thank you to all the MUPPERs without whom this would be a much less awesome project to work on: @PopsiclePete , @Pedro , @gr1mre4per , @Dark Sentinel you guys all rock! Looking forward to this year with more fun releases!

hey you guys! The download isn't working anymore. Is there another place where I could download a current version? I'd like to give it a shot! :D Thanks everybody!

Back