Wing Commander Online

Well the original Privateer, (i havent played P2) was big on trading. Merchants are a big part of the WC universe. Otherwise you dont really see civilians doing a whole lot of flying around in space, other than exploring, which doesnt really make for a great interactive game with many other people. I mean if your somewhere that is full of other people, you arent exactly exploring someplace new.

That's a damn good idea. The problem is, I think we would have troubles of convincing origin of such a project. Ultima Online is now rather old and so they would hardly consider reducing their resources on it.

However I am sure a Wing Commander Online would have its sucess!!!

Solution to lagging ships 'reappearing'

Simple, the ship passed through a tear in the space time continuum caused by the widespread use of hyperspatial jumps. :)

Either that or they use a system similar to the one in P2 bomb, the Nuke'em!

What about Freelancer..

Wing Commander online and Privateer online would directly compete with the new Chris Robert's Game Freelancer.. which is an online game that Microsoft and Digital Anvil are producing.

The market for online simualations is out there, especially if there is a character element in it.

Originally posted by Kilroy
Like that error in WC 3 where in the last mission the last ace you can shot, appears again and again.
I don't think that was an error - it seems that your last wingman is supposed to kark it there. And cats having nine lives and all that. :)

Nine lives? Yeah right. I killed that bugger at least 20 times before I turned on my wingman in sheer frustration. Then what does the game do? It rewards my traitorous treachery by turning on the autopilot light and letting me proceed to win the game.

You're kidding! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! (In regards to turning on your wingmen, but then again, this is WC3.) I usually travel cloaked until Stalker is over 80k away.

It took me some time to figure it out to, but it looks like the game really doesn't want you to proceed with a wingman.
So now everytime I'm there I just tell him to form on my wing, reduce speed to zero and kill him/her. Then I kill the cat and proceed.
The wingmen aren't really dead anyway. I usually fly that mission with Flint and Maniac, and both are still alive in the endgame movie.

Originally posted by Unforgiven
It took me some time to figure it out to, but it looks like the game really doesn't want you to proceed with a wingman.
So now everytime I'm there I just tell him to form on my wing, reduce speed to zero and kill him/her. Then I kill the cat and proceed.
The wingmen aren't really dead anyway. I usually fly that mission with Flint and Maniac, and both are still alive in the endgame movie.
I just realised the irony of that statement (killing my own wingman) in relation the quote in my sig. <g>

I just realised the irony of that statement (killing my own wingman) in relation the quote in my sig. <g>

No more ironic than when Maniac said it in the first place. Remember this is after Special Ops 1/2, where Blair and company engaged human pirates in the Gettysburg incident, or engaging the Society of Mandarins.

You are supposed to send your wingman away one navpoint before the last (think it's nav 3) cloak, autopilot and decloak to kill hobbes and thrakath. You can not go to Kilrah with your wingman because he can not cloak and would attrack to much attention.

Originally posted by Death
No more ironic than when Maniac said it in the first place.
True. I always thought it was strange that he should say that, and also in WC4, when Blair was distressed about shooting down humans (when he'd been doing it since SO1!). But then, as Eisen puts it, "Humans will always vie for power". Or something like that. The endless history of (global) civil war should put humanity to shame in an interplanetary context.

actually i sent the wingmen home on each of the last three missions, they didnt die, and i felt better for finishing it without them.

as for killing traitors, they started it :)

Back