Wing Commander....DEAD?

Aww, I liked Hobbes. He was one of the few who still had faith in Blair, and he forever changed his attitude towards the Kilrathi. As I said elsewhere, I was so distressed when I found him to be Thrak's pawn.

Well, it wasn't Hobbes' fault that Tolwyn gave him all the credit, and he almost always got to Olympus on my wing, so it probably depends on flying style and dumb luck. Of course, the really annoying thing about the Olympus mission is that you start off face to face with a Kilrathi ship (was it Grikath or Sartha? I can't remember, but either way it had neutron guns). To make things even worse, the Concordia has a CAP, which kills me more often than the Kilrathi.

I always wished that it was possible to finish WC3 without killing Hobbes. And I still reckon that it was his "evil" self that was the overlay.

Quarto: It is possible to finish WC3 without killing Hobbes. When you encounter Thrak in the Kilrah orbit (what was he doing there? I thought he was on the dreadnought?) kill him and leave Hobbes. The game will automatically take you to the Kilrah surface. Failing that load up on Leech missiles and leech him. Oh yeah - even if you do kill him he ejects, so in a way you don't kill him
wink2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Penguin: You can't leave Hobbes alive - even after you kill Thrak, you don't descend until Hobbes dies too. The trouble is, it doesn't matter if he ejects or even if you just disable him - when Kilrah explodes, he would have been caught in the shockwave - that is, if gravity hadn't pulled him down into the atmosphere to burn-up. So, all in all, the odds of him surviving are astronomical.
What was Thrak doing there? I guess he was having a little joyride
smile.gif
. The dreadnought was probably parked in orbit somewhere.

Don't forget that Maniac survives the destruction of Kilrah. Doesn't he eject, in official history? Then again, he has luck out the wazoo.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

Maniac was much closer to the planet though. If anything Hobes might have been hit by a piece of Kilrah, while good ol' Maniac caught a ride on one of them.
smile.gif

Thrak was off the Dreadnought because he wanted a chance to deal with Blair, after the reports came in that Blair has jumped into Kilrah. In the novel though, Blair fights Thrak in the atmosphere and he crashes into the ground.

It's entirely possible somebody tractors Hobbes in while you're skimming the trench on Kilrah.
Besides Hobbes survived WC2 and it's add ons. Anybody who manages that, despite being shot down so many times, "has luck out the wazoo" as Vondoom so eloquently put it.

Don't forget Vag lived after the Kilrah mission. Although he might've been further away from the planet when it blew, I haven't read the end of the WC3 novel in a while.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

'Kay.
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Back