Wich are the different races in WC

plan9

Spaceman
This question is probably asked before but what are the different races within WC. As far as I know you have
- Humans
- Kilrathi
- Fireka
- Steltek (extinct)
- Those Ewok like creatures from WC I
- The Bugs
- And that race (don't know the name, they are mentioned in the WC V guide) who the kilrathi also fought and where unable to defeat.

A Steltek once told me that they're not extinct. Well, he didn't really say that. He was alive, though... :)

the Mantu are the ones the Kats fought. Are the bugs officially 'Nephilim' now? Or is that just a code name?

I think there was the same thread opened a few days ago...

Nevertheless you can add the "Mopoks" (I will check the spelling at home this evening) who you have to help in WC1 (Rostov System).
I have just reinstalled my old WC1 discs, and that's great ! I played many hours yesterday :)

As I stated before:

The Mopok Race
The Firekkan Planetary Alliance
The Nephilim
The Double Helix Race
The Steltek
The Mantu
The Utara
The Hari
The Varni
The Wu
The Eyoka
The Jarma
The Hagarin
The Gorth
The Sorn
The Yan
The Ka
The Shata

Also, in the WCA cartoons:

Dioscuri, Dolosians, Oasians

Any more?!

And yeah, I'd love to find out more about the Aligned Peoples... I think they put that one there to edge us up for what was coming... what was supposed to be coming :(

The Mandarin Society is a HUMAN faction, which believes that the only way to win the war is to let the Kilrathi enslave us, and slowly use our superior minds to infiltrate their social structure and convert them to our way of life. if You think this is impossible, they are named after the Mandarin because this is exactly what they did to the invading Mongols.

Except it didn't happen quite that way -- the Mongols
assimilated, true, but they were not accepted by the
native peoples. They were thrown out by a violent revolution by the native rulers, which established
the Ming dynasty. This dynasty also experienced
corruption, and it was overthrown by barbarian
invaders from Manchuria -- who were called, surprisingly
enough, Manchus. This was overthrown by a coup in
1911 establishing a government of China by Chinese,
which collapsed into anarchy, which
gave way to the current
PRC in 1949.

Not precisely the model *I* would choose, anyway ...

Respectfully,

Brian P.

PS. I'm back after a week's absence. On vacation in
Nag's Head, NC. Good to be back! -- BDP.

Well... I never said it was the perfect model, just that it has a historical anchor and wasn't the crazy idea of someone at Origin...

Originally posted by gryphon
If You think this is impossible, they are named after the Mandarin because this is exactly what they did to the invading Mongols.

I do not think it could be possible, because there are to many differences between the Kilrathi and us.

Nobody ever said that the Mandarins had the right idea. "Don't they know what the cats will do to humanity?" -Captain Elizabeth "Shadow" Norwood, WC2.

Originally posted by Quarto
A Steltek once told me that they're not extinct. Well, he didn't really say that. He was alive, though... :)

I bet that is the same Steltek i encounter some months ago, in the Clarke quadrant. :p

[Edited by Ghost on 05-21-2001 at 19:32]

Originally posted by pendell
Except it didn't happen quite that way -- the Mongols assimilated, true, but they were not accepted by the native peoples. They were thrown out by a violent revolution by the native rulers, which established the Ming dynasty. This dynasty also experienced corruption, and it was overthrown by barbarian invaders from Manchuria -- who were called, surprisingly enough, Manchus.
Heh... then I guess in both cases the invaders got the short end of the deal. The Mongols got violently kicked out, and the Manchus are now an "ethnic minority" in the PRC... or they might even be considered just plain Chinese. But either way, the moral of the story seems to be that the Mandarin concept works... if you've got a big enough population, invaders are really just begging to be absorbed. But of course, the Kilrathi weren't planning to allow Humans to maintain a large population ;).

WCIII quote: "We have no shortage of slaves"-Thrakath, just before he orders the system swiped clean of all life.

Also, Action Stations makes it clear that general Kilrathi policy is to largely wipe out a planet's inhabitants, leaving a few thousand behind out of a population of millions.

Best, Raptor

Well, add the fact that Terrans apparently ticked off Thrakhath too much. So much so that he ordered genocide of the human race.

Originally posted by Penguin
Quarto: Why not? I thought the Kilrathi needed the slave labour. And I thought you were a moderator?
I was ;). As for the Kilrathi, slaves are easy to come by, so they would have probably just left a few scientific communities, and killed the rest.

Why only the scientific communities? I thought Kilrathi were interested in war and conquest not the furthering of knowledge and all those noble motives associated with scientific development. :)

Back