Why did you pick your name?

Originally posted by AD
AD is simply my intials but it goes well with the other callsign I usually used in the WC games: Awesome. Anyway I always thought AD sounded (and looked!) neat.

-AD.

Isn't AD also short for Anno Domini.

Originally posted by LeHah
Syndicate Wars was a fine game unto it's self, but after playing the original, it was a self-inflicted injury. I did like the addition of the Cataclysm Satalite Weapons system though...Signal it off and watch a block's worth of buildings and civilians get blown to MacAuliffe...

Yeah, it looked good but it was almost no use, IMHO. If you dropped it on huge amounts of enemy troops, they immediately spotted you and ran away. And you don't have the German version of SWARS, I presume, where the bodies vanish after being shot (looks like they get beamed up, like in Star Trek), every blood and cry is censored and so on.
And what a pity about Crusader:No mercy. I didn't know they planned a 3rd part and now I am sad that they cancelled it. :(

Originally posted by plan9
Isn't AD also short for Anno Domini. [/B]

Why, yes, yes it is. And i.e. is short for id est (that is), and a.m. is short for ante meridiem (before mid-day)!

Wow, we can have fun with Latin all day(I'm sure my Latin teacher would be thrilled to see this)!

I chose Mountie because I'm a due SOUTH fan and because I've started using it for my callsign in other games. I always used the 'default' Blair and Casey callsigns: Maverick for Blair and Frosty for Casey. At least, I assume that Frosty is the default. :p

I just named him Maverick like all of my other games. Frosty seems to "jokish". I'll change his name when Origin states it for canon.

Originally posted by plan9

Isn't AD also short for Anno Domini.

Well Yes AD is short for Anno Domini, (Which means: In the year of our Lord) But that wasn't why I picked it. But hey I can always say that's why.

-AD.

Originally posted by Dralthi5
Yeah, my name isn't creative at all. I just took the fighter from WC3 and upped it one. :eek:
Didn't we agree that the Dralthi V is the Dralthi from the WC movie. :)

Indeed, Frosty was never stated as official, was it? Besides Casey was also nicknamed Ice Jr in the SO fiction.

Originally posted by Quarto
Umm... you stalk toilets at night and steal toilet paper, right? :)
Took me a few seconds to get that. :)

you pretty much are.

Why do you need to quote LOAF's message when it's directly below yours?

TC

So what? people will figure it out.

Plus, is there any reason to quote three posts? If everyone did what you did we'd have threads where each message contains hundreds of previously quoted messages. At least do what is considered to be good manners on UseNet and clip the quote down. (On UseNet, the previous post isn't always available so quotes are required to provide context, unlike a webboard where previous messages are always available.)

TC

It doesn't work that way.

Take the two seconds to think if you need a quote and then trim it down to what you need, if you do.

TC

Back