Why did you pick your name?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The quote from the end of Heart of Darkness... witty references tend to lose their appeal when you have to explain them, though.

i guess i will have to change the title if i get it published. :(
i kinda liked its current title.

[Edited by $tormin on 05-14-2001 at 15:51]

Never heard/read/seen Heart of Darkness nor Apocalypse Now. I don't think you can assume every high school has read it... especially I ended up having to read Sons and Lovers in year 11. :eek: <still traumatised from the experience>

Thanks a lot mpanty. It's nice to get a polite and useful answer. Maybe I'll read it because it sounds rather interesting. But books that are read in schools always have some stigma for me. ;)
I never heard of that book (and I am glad I am not the only one) but again, I doubt many Americans have read the "Hauptmann von Köpenick" which is also considered famous.
But I saw Apocalypse Now <g>

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 05-15-2001 at 08:46]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
But books that are read in schools always have some stigma for me.
Well... there have been several occasions in which I actually thanked my school teachers for letting me (ehm... forcing me rather... ;) ) discover masterpieces of literature.

Things Fall Apart, Death and King's Horseman, Christ stopped at Eboli, Une Vie (ok ok, I'll stop here :) ) are among the many books I was "forced" to read but did not regret it at all...

Hell! I might even have to thank this board for "forcing" me to read the WC novels! <G>

Back