Who's better?

Allright, I think I see the problem here. *YOU* find the typical throw around insults that seem to make up the skeleton of the internet offensive -- *I* don't... rather, what offends me is the implication that I don't know what I'm talking about. I apologize for the throwoff insults, I suppose it's just that years of agwc have made them second nature -- as a final note I should be sure to say that they are intended to entertain other readers, not tu actually offend anyone.

Allow me to reiterate regarding Tolwyn. I believed that you understood that once Jazz was returned to the Concordia he would be tried -- not necessarily for legal reasons, but for public effect. Therein, the only chance Tolwyn would have to be able to 'do away' with Jazz would be via him being killed by Blair.

Jazz's confession occured *earlier* -- Angel confronts him and he tells her that she's right and he was sorry Blair wasn't around when the murder took place. Stealing the Sabre was certainly enough to get him executed on the battlefield, though.

"Fair enough. Now if only you had bothered to point that out right at the start, rather than going through all the other crap...". Don't be hypocritical.

Blair's Trial: We never actually *see* Blair's trial, and it never actually appears in the novels, so you might have trouble distinctly recalling it. We've been told a few times that he was arrested for tampering with his flight recorder -- not for blowing up the Tiger's Claw.

Jazz' trial was *certainly* a PR show... anyway, during the war (with martial law and such) the Confederation was probably not as democratic as we are today.

"That's the trouble - we don't see each other's face, nor do we hear the tone of each other's voice. It's way too easy for something to be taken the wrong way." - I can't agree more, be a better person.

Canon is, by definition, always right - what should be considered canon is the only question.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Your first paragraph is quite correct. To put it simply, I'm relatively new (only two years or so) to the field of chatzones and such, so I haven't gotten used to it yet.

Anyway, I'll try to behave better in the future, if you will too
smile.gif
. And if I don't, just remind me to.

I know I'm just repeating myself, but Jazz didn't actually confess. However, he did imply it, so I'll concede. And yes, stealing the Sabre probably would've been enough - either to be executed, or to be promoted to Colonel
wink.gif

I don't know what Blair was arrested for, but he was formally accused of treason. This would almost have to mean the 'Claw, since tampering with a flight recorder isn't exactly the definition of treason.

"Canon is, by definition, always right - what should be considered canon is the only question." - Sorry, I didn't quite say what I meant. Indeed, you are correct. Canon is right, but one has to figure out what is canon. For me, this question particularly applies in the books vs. games issue (oh, how I wish I could read those books
smile.gif
), where one often conflicts the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no such thing as levels of canon or different precedences and there's no such thing as a contradiction, only unexplained points -- general rule: it's all good. - The Third Law of LOAF from The Book of LOAF

Back