Who was the best pilot?

icetiger

Spaceman
Who really was the best pilot from the WC series?

Also...Does anyone remember how to get the alternate gun mode on WC4?

Wow. Spirit is a possibility. Or WC2 Hobbes. Cobra too, but you tend to have to fight a little harder for those kills.

Christopher Blair. Most decorated pilot, blah, blah, blah. He's even 4000 years old. :)

Really, I don't know who's 'officially' the best. He's not the highest scoring since before shield technology was invented kill rates were even higher than what Casey could manage in WCP/SO.

IIRC, 'H' is used to switch between regular guns and camera/stormfire/leech/scatter.

Crikey, why Spirit? What's the question, best pilot or best wingman. While we're at it, why not throw in best gunner as well?

Good point, my bad. But with Blair the thing is of course he's the best while your using him, otherwise you wouldn't be playing long.:D

Blair is a relative character. It depends on the player.

Going by 'official' storylines, I'd say he's done pretty well, despite what some say about his performance in the Heart of the Tiger novel.

Blair, IMHO he was a really good pilot during his whole run and was the highest scoring pilot after Custers Canival, IIRC. best wingmate ever is probably i can't believe I am saying this, Maniac, he did get the job done, though Paladin in WC1 was pretty good and dependable, something maniac obviously was not

Originally posted by Wedge009
Crikey, why Spirit? What's the question, best pilot or best wingman. While we're at it, why not throw in best gunner as well?

Damn! You mean Spirit isn't a pilot????

well now, spirit IS a pilot, AND she is a wingman, so i dont see why that would disqualify her for the best pilot award.

I'd say..

Spirit? Damn, she sucked every time I fly with her. Besides myself being the best pilot (maverick) for Super Wing Commander its Hunter or Iceman(depending what you fight). WingCommander 2, I have no idea. Never played. Wing Commander 3 would have to be Flash(I like him for some reason), Vagabond, Flint, or Cobra. Cobras cool all around, a little aggressive, Vagabond I always thought was cool. Damn good too. Flints tight against cap ships and Flash.. I dunno, he's tight against fighters I think. In Wing Commander 4 its definately Maniac. You barely ever fly with anyone else. I never played any other wc's

Ben

IMHO, Hunter. Love him in the book! (And during WC1 of course)

2 non-topic related questions:

*1) What is a 'pug'?

*2) What does that 'got milk?' thingy mean? I hear it all over the internet. Is it something like 'all your base are belong to us' or the bud's WAZAAAAp thingy?

TIA

ImZ (IMHO it would be useless to start a new thread for this, so I thought, let's just ask it casual while replying :D

This is a pug, it's a type of dog.

lehah-pug.jpg

'Got Milk?' is an ad slogan for some group of milk seller-y people.

TC

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was a kind of dog. It looked like it, but it also looks like an astronaut to me (I need coffee!)

BTW, Maestro kix backside as well!

m. vr.gr.

Zim

Well, that fits our chat zone then. Cool callsign! 'Pug'!

"Pug, you'll take chihuahua as your wingmate."
"Roger" :D

Vagabond was good. Always got the job done.
Maniac, in his own midless way, did as well...
That's my two best picks there :)

Back