Who voices Casey in Secret Ops

G Man

Rear Admiral
Also does anyone know where I can see an actual list of who voiced who in that game? I want to know so I can update its IMDB page.

Sorry, I don't think he's ever credited. I can pass the question on to folks who worked on the game and get back to you... my guess is, given the game's lack of a budget, it was some otherwise unknown Austin-based actor.

That would good, thanks! Are you in contact with those people? I imagine he's one of the names in the voice cast credits but it's one of those times where they just list of names with no characters attached.

Yeah, I stay in touch with a bunch of the developers.

Looking at the list in the Prophecy Gold manual, the list of voice credits is mostly Origin folks (and the few returning Prophecy actors who agreed to do their lines cheap). I'll bet Casey's voice is just whoever happened to be near the recording room that day...

Also (sorry for these funny questions) who played Nurse Pemtur Douglas in Privateer 2? I sure it was no one famous but for some reason he isn't in the credits. Just so I can add it to the IMDB page (I submitted an update to that page yesterday, there were some mistakes and omissions in the cast).

Also (sorry for these funny questions) who played Nurse Pemtur Douglas in Privateer 2? I sure it was no one famous but for some reason he isn't in the credits. Just so I can add it to the IMDB page (I submitted an update to that page yesterday, there were some mistakes and omissions in the cast).

Do you do IMDB editing often? For whatever reason, they're really wierd about "fixing" stuff. It's like pulling teeth... or worse. For example, the WC movie never ever had an alternate title of "space will never be the same"... It's a freaking promo tag line if anything, but now IMDB has had it up so long that other sites are listing it as the truth.

I've submitted other changes for other films and always seem to get ignored, even when I'm someone who would be in the know about those particular changes.

It's just something I've been doing a little bit of recently. Some of my updates were accepted without any trouble, others I've submitted a few times but they haven't sorted them out. For example I tried to get the actor Mac McDonald added to the cast list of Aliens because he appears in the special edition (extended directors cut, not deleted scenes) but it hasn't worked.

There is a bit of waiting involved with submitting updates and sometimes it seems like they just ignore them or don't notice them.

I don't know what kind of admin staff IMDB has, I'm convinced nearly all their comment moderation on the message boards (deleting reported posts) is automated.

I've just looked at Prophecy's IMDB page, there's two bits of trivia, one saying the Confed military have four branches, Navy, Space Force, Marines and Army (wrong) and another one saying Prophecy was a bridge between the Blair/Kilrathi storyline and the Casey/Insect storyline and "The demise of Origin, however, implies that this was the end of the Wing Commander universe." Of course the pages for old video games like the Wing Commanders get few visits compared to the ones for famous films, it is the Internet Movie Database after all.

It's just something I've been doing a little bit of recently. It's not hard to do, IMDB has it's own system, all you need is an IMDB account. Some of my updates were accepted without any trouble, others I've submitted a few times but they haven't sorted out. For example I tried to get the actor Mac McDonald added to the cast list of Aliens because he appears in the special edition (extended directors cut, not deleted scenes) but it hasn't worked.

I don't know what kind of admin staff IMDB has, I'm convinced nearly all their comment moderation on the message boards (deleting reported posts) is automated.

I've just looked at Prophecy's IMDB page, there's two bits of trivia, one saying the Confed military have four branches, Navy, Space Force, Marines and Army (wrong) and another one saying Prophecy was a bridge between the Blair/Kilrathi storyline and the Casey/Insect storyline and "The demise of Origin, however, implies that this was the end of the Wing Commander universe."

I have an IMDB account... just not a pro one.

Sounds like it only took... *years* for them to remove the extraneous prophecy material. There used to be - for the longest time - claims that the original prophecy script was more elaborate and whatnot, but it was really only a reference to a fan scipt that the author was claiming was authentic.

For whatever reason, they're really wierd about "fixing" stuff. It's like pulling teeth... or worse. For example, the WC movie never ever had an alternate title of "space will never be the same"... It's a freaking promo tag line if anything, but now IMDB has had it up so long that other sites are listing it as the truth.

Oh yeah, I've just seen this, it's still there! So was it actually a tagline that was used on posters and stuff?

Oh yeah, I've just seen this, it's still there! So was it actually a tagline that was used on posters and stuff?

No, not that I know of... I've never seen it on any official movie material. It may have been used internally by the marketing people but I've never actually seen that on official merchandise.

Well I've just submitted another update requesting to have it deleted, we'll see if it works this time. By the way, I don't have a IMDB Pro account either. (by the way I deleted that sentence about submitting updates being easy because I realised you'd already know what to do and I thought I was being a bit patronizing)

Anyway, Nurse Douglas, who played him?

Anyway, since internet forum threads have a habit of veering off-topic and then dying, let's get back to my original questions...

So it is not known who voiced Casey in Secret Ops?

Any idea who played Nurse Pemtur Douglas in Privateer 2?

Or if Bandit has already sent an email to his Origin contacts and is waiting for a response, then sorry.

Back