Who do you hate the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I think Paulson is the same actor who played Walmack in The Rock. I quite liked Paulson actually. Yeah, he was a prick, but I sure enjoyed the act. It seemed real somehow, like a character such as Paulson is well within the realms of possibility.

Yep, that's him. He's appeared in a load of things and does seem to be a pretty good actor.

I just don't like people like the character of Paulsen. In some of the other things the actor has been in, he's a decent guy. It just threw me the first time I saw him acting someone like Paulsen.

Originally posted by Aries
and also Paulson (may the bastard burn in hell) says that one of the traitors was killed. Blair asks who, and Paulson (may the bastard burn in hell) says one of the pilots. since Maniac and Vagabond were the only pilots to defect, i'm pretty sure that Paulson (may the bastard burn in hell) ment Vagabond. and in case anyone hasn't caught on, i really don't like Paulson (may the bastard burn in hell)
Sounds like an antiphonal response. Brought up Catholic, were ya?...

Originally posted by panther
Yep, that's him. He's appeared in a load of things and does seem to be a pretty good actor.

I just don't like people like the character of Paulsen. In some of the other things the actor has been in, he's a decent guy. It just threw me the first time I saw him acting someone like Paulsen.

Being a big fan of The Rock (uh, both types), I was right at home watching Paulson. I don't think his character is meant to be liked, as being the complete opposite of, say, Eisen, but I do enjoy his act. I guess part of it has to do with how he's able to elicit the desired response without it going too far.

Paulson was perfect as the buearucratic prick only looking out for his promotion points that he was supposed to be. those are the people who i despise almost as much as terrorists (not trying to get a political debate started, just using it as an example). I would hope his character wasn't ment to be liked. really, i think the reason most people don't like Paulson is that he didn't like Eisen....and who doesn't like the guy who tells us to "kick the little twerps ass!"
and no, I'm not Catholic

I reckon you'll like the Richard Marcinko novels then. Demolitions Dickie and his band of merry misfits even go after the Taliban at one point, and well and truely put Paulson like brass in their place.

Hey, Aries... Here's another reason for you to not like Paulson..

How many of the Lexington's crew didn't get blowed up? Lesseee, one. Seems saving his own sorry butt and screw the troops was where his priorties were.

Originally posted by Ripper
How many of the Lexington's crew didn't get blowed up? Lesseee, one. Seems saving his own sorry butt and screw the troops was where his priorties were.

actually 2. you forgot the shuttle pilot. but hell yeah it's another reason to hate him. last time i checked, the noble ship commander is supposed to go down with the ship, not be the 1st one off when things get hot

Seether was never really part of the Lexington's crew. He was just Tolwyn's enforcer on the Lex

Eh, what makes you guys think that was the only shuttle that got out? Besides, the noble ship commander going down with the ship is BS... if a captain can get off the ship, he most certainly should. Romantic notions have no place in such decisions.

that going down with the ship stuff was just a comparison to Paulson's being one of the three suvivors (that we see...happy Quarto?), and , judging from the man's character that we see, he was probably the first off the ship, saying to hell with the rest. I mean, look at the shuttle. Three people in a craft that could hold more. I fully agree that dieing just because your command was destroyed is BS, but running from your command the way Paulson did is major BS, not to mention a courts martial offense.

I don't know about you, but I didn't see Paulsen's shuttle when I was destroying the Lexington. Therefore, he didn't abandon the ship until there was clearly no hope left of saving it.

Well I didn't blow up the Lexington so he wasn't escaping death, just getting outta there for some reason. Most likely to find another ship and get the word out about what happened.

and with the Lexington blowing up around him, Paulson goes from the Bridge (where i assume the captain would be during battle) to the flight deck, instead of taking an escape pod, which would allow him to get off quicker and not risk going up w/Lex when it finally did blow.........something's not right here.

Originally posted by Aries
instead of taking an escape pod, which would allow him to get off quicker and not risk going up w/Lex when it finally did blow.........

It's rather more useful to have a jump capable escape craft if you don't want to be captured by the enemy...

well, yeah. but you have to be alive to get captured. Seether I could understand wanting to die rather than be captured, but not Paulson.

That depends on what kind of treatment he would get when he was captured. Keep in mind that Seether had already executed a captured Border Worlds pilot on the Lexington, and Marines launching from the Lex had executed the medical staff on Tyr when they took Dr Brody. I imagine Paulson thought it was quite likely he would be considered a war criminal if he was captured.

Best, Raptor

Well to quote Sean Connery in The Rock, a movie Paulson is from, he's fucked either way, isn't he? Stuck between a rock and a hard place. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back