What's your favourite gun?

Anagram

Spaceman
Honestly? What is it? I've been playing WCP:SO recently, and I've found a new favourite: the Dust Cannon.

So...

WC 1: No favourite.
WC 2: Mass Driver
WC 3: Excalibur Tracking Guns
WC 4: Leech Guns
WC P: Charging Mass
WCP:SO: Dust Cannon

------------------
Hmmmmm..... What's this button do?

Anagram... You've been gone for a while.

<Assuming that my memory isn't lying to me, and you've been here before>

How is it that you like the Mass Drivers in WC 2, but not in WC 1?

I personally rather like the Mouse Driver (
smile.gif
) and the Dust Cannon. Oh, and the WCP Plasma gun is also a rather convenient little piece of equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Minor nitpick, first off: It's WCSO, not WCP:SO. Secret Ops is a seperate game, not an add-on to Prophecy.

Having said that...

I've always been rather fond of the mass driver, in any game. Especially the "charging" variety in WCP.
smile.gif
Yes, the MD has a short range, but my fighting style relies on close-in slugging anyhow. That's why I liked the Raptor's guns over the Rapier's in WC1 (liked the armor/shields better, too, but that's another thread). Lasers have longer range, but they suck.
biggrin.gif

Tachyon cannons are another highly rated gun in my book (well, before WCP's tachs, which I don't really care for), particularly in Privateer, where they were your best 'bang for the buck' gun.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Anagram says:
WC 3: Excalibur Tracking Guns

?????

Anagram also says: WCP:SO: Dust Cannon

That should be WCSO, Secret Ops isn't an add-on to any WC game.
cool.gif

WC1: Mass Driver
WC2: Mass Driver, Phase Transit Cannon
biggrin.gif

WC3: Tachyon gun
WC4: Scatter gun, Stromfire
WCP: Charging Mass Driver
WCSO: Dust Cannon
Priv: Tachyon gun
P2: Mass Ion Cannon

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 21, 2000).]

Quarto: Aye, I have been gone for a while. Had to re-register, in fact.

The reason I said WCP: SO was because it takes place after WCP, and not after WC 1, or WC 4, or some such thing. It is how I have referred to them. WC2:SO takes place after WC2, and before WC3, right? And WC1:SO takes place after WC1, and before WC2. That's why I refer to them that way.

Quarto: I never really foung any use for the Mass Drivers in WC 1. Actually, I really wanted the "Lg. Laser" that's referred to in the picture on the WC1 box for the Super Nintendo version of the game.

Earthworm: I liked the tracking guns on the Excalibur.

------------------

Anagram said:
Quarto: Aye, I have been gone for a while. Had to re-register, in fact.

Everyone had to reregister, because the board was taken down few days after the new year.

The reason I said WCP: SO was because it takes place after WCP, and not after WC 1, or WC 4, or some such thing. It is how I have referred to them. WC2:SO takes place after WC2, and before WC3, right? And WC1:SO takes place after WC1, and before WC2. That's why I refer to them that way.

First, WC1 has SM which stands for Secret Missions. Second, SM1 and 2 are add-ons for WC1, and SO1 and 2 are add-ons for WC2 that's why you would write them like WC1:SM2 or WC2:SO2, but SO or Secret Ops isn't an add-on to WC Prophecy so you shouldn't write it like this WCP:SO. By what you said someone could write something like this for WC4, WC3:WC4 because WC4 takes place after WC3.

Earthworm: I liked the tracking guns on the Excalibur.

Yeah, I know that much, but the guns themselves aren't any special guns. The Excalibur, like some fighters in WC4, has an auto-tracking computer. The guns on the Excal, the 4 Tachyons and 2 Reapers, are your standard guns.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

OK. So I'm wrong about WCSO. It doesn't matter.

And I like the tracking ability (OF THE GUNS).

'Nuff said.

I don't want to get into an argument over it.

------------------

Anagram said:
OK. So I'm wrong about WCSO. It doesn't matter.

Actualy it does, for the simple fact that it isn't an add-on. I could just as well start calling WC4 an add-on to WC3 because it used the same engine as WC3 and most of the models used in it are from WC3.
smile.gif

And I like the tracking ability (OF THE GUNS).

But you started a thread asking what are your favorite guns, but you didn't say what they are.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

I don't particularly like the dust cannon. Sure it's incredibly effective against fighters, but if you do the math and calculate damage per second. IIRC it should do similar if not more damage than a plasma. But you still can't take down a capship with it ...

Yes, Mass Drivers are nice and I didn't particularly care for the Tachyons in WCP either. I like the Stromfire cannons though. Sure you have limited ammo but they're sometimes more effective than energy weapons. Like during the first couple of missions in WCP ...

------------------
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

[This message has been edited by steampunk (edited February 22, 2000).]

A Dust Cannon may compare to a Plasma Gun in overall rate of damage per second.. but that does not take into account the quirks of phase shields.. there are multiple things that may make one gun more destructive than another when attacking shields.

Earthworm: That's enough. You've said it once, Death said it once, and it should end there. It does not matter if Anagram calls it "WCP:SO", or even "Revenge Of The Pink Elephants With Wings: SO". You know what he means, he knows what he means. What the hell is the big deal if he puts a "WCP:" in front of it?
[That's a rhetorical question. Don't answer, just stop your obsession]

*Laughs*

Earthworm, he started the post with a question and his list of fav guns.
rolleyes.gif

Overall the single gun I like best is the fighter turret(double laser).

------------------
Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.

Death's Head said:
Earthworm, he started the post with a question and his list of fav guns.
rolleyes.gif

He didn't say what's his favorite gun in WC3 is. And I want to know.
wink.gif

Overall the single gun I like best is the fighter turret(double laser).

Why? All laser turrets are useless. Actualy most turrets are useless. Though there are some like the Neutron turret in WC2, or the Triple Particle and Plasma in SO.

Earthworm said:
Why? All laser turrets are useless. Actualy most turrets are useless. Though there are some like the Neutron turret in WC2, or the Triple Particle and Plasma in SO.

Laser Turrets useless? How many times have we heard cap-ship gunners during WCIV, WCP (I dont know about III because I've only played like 4 missions on it) brag about kills? E-gads son, what are you thinking? Try defending big guns without them, or how about when you're out on that patrol, and your big brother gets jumped? Who tides the baddies over til you get there? Those talented souls (or AI, however you look at it
wink.gif
) that run the turrets.

BTW, Favs:

WCI: N/A
WCII: N/A
WCIII: N/A
WCIV: Drag's Plasma & Tachyon
WCP: Plasma
WCSO: Either Dust Cannon or Chain Ion

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fireball SC (edited February 21, 2000).]

Earthworm, Tachyon and /or reaper cannon obviously. I think he said the Tachyon later.

Useless? Useless? Don't get in my turret sights.
biggrin.gif
In turret mode you can dispense decoys, shoot down missiles, strafe corvettes, keep bugs off you butt, am I missing anything?

------------------
Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.

He he, I never heard a turret gunner in WC4 saying s/he got a kill, and in Prophecy maybe 2 out of 30 enemy ships are killed on missions were you're defending the Midway.

(posted by Earthworm) He didn't say what's his favorite gun in WC3 is. And I want to know.

OK... You want to know what my favourite gun is from WC 3? My favourite GUN is the tracking GUN (plural here) found on the EXCALIBUR FIGHTER. That is my favourite GUN.
Happy? I like the fact that the GUN points at enemies, and not at where my reticle would have them point.

But if you want a GUN TYPE (which we are now distinguishing) I don't like any of them. I wished that there were non-energy weapons in WC 3, and I found that the only difference (noticible by me) from being in an Arrow, a Hellcat and a Longbow was the fact that they had different top speeds and different turn radii. (And that the Longbow's salvo was significantly more wasteful since one missile took out almost any ship in the game.) Oh yes... And thta the lasers came from different angles.

------------------

Back