What's your favourite gun?

Plus different accelerations, some have autoslides, armor and sheild ratings, even recharge rates. Not many people seem to bring it up, but gun position is critical to high percentage shots. I rarely miss with the Hellcat V and Arrow compared to the Excalibur which has it's guns further apart, even with autotrack, you still miss smaller ships serveral times on the average melee. In WC4, the Bearcat is the worst, although I don't really care for the Hellcat's new gun positioning.

Earthworm, I gunned down a couple ships with a turret, several corvettes, and a deystroyer that I recall, not to mention fighters. I used the Longow's turret to kill at least one Arrow in WC4, those frigates are easy pickings on strafing runs.

------------------
Don't look conspicuous-it draws fire.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Odds are if you rely on a turret alone to kill a capship, you're going to find your fighter spinning out of control and blowing up.

With skillful maneuvering, and good turret use, it can, and has been done, although it is much easier to shoot off you front guns until you can't then steer in a good direction, and switch to the turret.

------------------
Incoming fire always has the right of way.

[This message has been edited by Death's Head (edited February 22, 2000).]

Wc1: mass driver
Wc2: mass driver
Wc3: tachyons
Wc4: the almighty stormfire Mk1!
WcP: nno particular preference
SO: Cloudburst and chain ion combo

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Earthworm, I gunned down a couple ships with a turret, several corvettes, and a deystroyer that I recall, not to mention fighters. I used the Longow's turret to kill at least one Arrow in WC4, those frigates are easy pickings on strafing runs.

Well, I never found turrets on fighters useful for anything except in WC2.

Anagram said:
OK... You want to know what my favourite gun is from WC 3? My favourite GUN is the tracking GUN (plural here) found on the EXCALIBUR FIGHTER. That is my favourite GUN.
Happy? I like the fact that the GUN points at enemies, and not at where my reticle would have them point.

OK, no offense, but how hard is it to understand? There is no such thing as a tracking GUN.

There is when it's hooked up to a autotrack system
smile.gif

He liked them because he doesn't have to aim like you do in the T-bolt, although I myself sometimes turn off autotrack in certain situations. I think what he is saying is that without autotrack, he doesn't like them as much, is that correct?

------------------
There's only one thing more accurate than incoming fire-friendly fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because it's connected to an auto-tracking computer doesen't make it an auto-tracking gun.
cool.gif
There is no such thing as an auto-tracking gun.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

I don't mean it has sensors mounted on the gun and the targeting systems are in the gun itself either.

As the guns are fired, they track the target using autotrack in the computer system or in the gun sensors, whereever it is doesn't matter, but as long as autotrack is engaged they are tracking the target selected. So in a sense the are autotracking guns, right?

------------------
There's only one thing more accurate than incoming fire-friendly fire

Why shouldn't we use correct terms?
smile.gif
If I started walking around the BB, saying that WC6 was already released, and that it's called The Prophecy of the Tiger. The main character in that game is Admiral Goefry Blair, and he's trying to defeat the Black Bugs using his Hornet supper fighter that can carry Skipper missiles wouldn't you start correcting me.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

You're missing the point, Earthworm
smile.gif
. Correct terms should be used, but if somebody makes a mistake, it's not such a big deal that you have to bug him about it for the next five thousand posts
smile.gif
. I'd prefer to see you use your time constructively. You know, like to post more than a one-sentencer about the latest chapter of my story
smile.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

You should be happy I responded to that at all.
tongue.gif
It looks like you were starting to loose your mind.
smile.gif

Oh, I'd lost my mind a long time ago
smile.gif
. But I really wish people would read more than just "Bed-time Story" while they're in the FanFic section. Surely, that's not too much to ask?

...Not that it matters, since only about five or six people actually visit the FanFic section
smile.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!

Death's Head said: He liked them because he doesn't have to aim like you do in the T-bolt, although I myself sometimes turn off autotrack in certain situations. I think what he is saying is that without autotrack, he doesn't like them as much, is that correct?

THANK YOU!

Chris Reid: Yes, I do know that the four different fighters each have different weapons and payloads.

Oh! Death's Head: Nice sig. Incoming fire DOES have the right of way when I fly.

------------------
Hmmmmm..... What's this button do?

[This message has been edited by Quarto (edited February 23, 2000).]

Anagram: Awfully sorry about that, laddie. But only Moderators and Admin are allowed to yell at others. As you may have noticed, I am a Moderator; and I most definitely insist on doing my own yelling, thank you very much. Now, I've already told Earthworm off; as such, you have no reason to complain anyway. He will not bother you any further.

Also, please read others' posts carefully before retorting in anger. Earthworm wanted to show what incorrect terminology could look like. Thus, by yelling at him for it, you were making an utter fool of yourself
smile.gif
. And correcting spelling mistakes is the equivalent of sticking a "kick me" sign on your forehead.

I will not tolerate any further noise in regard to this matter from either of you.

Dismissed.

Understood. Comments withdrawn.

------------------
Sometimes I wish that Zero would realize his gun HAS a camera!

Back