wcnews April Fool page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Col. Dom

Dynaco... in the words of King Arthur- "You make me sad."

Actually (according to Tennyson), King Arthur's words were more like:

"...I, whose vast pity almost makes me die, to see thee lying there thy golden head, my pride in happier summers, at my feet"

Or, more likely (later in the same soliloqy):

...thou hast not made my life so sweet to me that I, the King, should greatly care to live, for thou hast spoiled the purpose of my life":D

Originally posted by Preacher

Actually (according to Tennyson), King Arthur's words were more like:

"...I, whose vast pity almost makes me die, to see thee lying there thy golden head, my pride in happier summers, at my feet"

Or, more likely (later in the same soliloqy):

...thou hast not made my life so sweet to me that I, the King, should greatly care to live, for thou hast spoiled the purpose of my life":D

Youse a well-read dude, Preacher.

Hmmm...now where exactly in Genesis did God say,"Let there be stupidity.".....? If He did, it would definitely not be seen as good; at least, not to me.

Originally posted by Col.Dom
Youse a well-read dude, Preacher.

**Curls his lip in his best Elvis impersonation**
"Thankya; thank ya verramuch..."

I'm a voracious reader when motivated, and I used to love the Arthurian tales as a lad, so I read quite a bit on him.

One more quote (Sorry, I can't resist):
"Hahh! I KILL me!..." (<< apologies to ALF)

Originally posted by Wulf
where exactly in Genesis did God say,"Let there be stupidity.".....? If He did, it would definitely not be seen as good; at least, not to me.

**Hmmm...time for a little expository preachin'...:**

In Genesis 3:16-17, we are told that God commanded Adam that he "shall not" eat of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil, for "the day that you eat of it, you shall surely die".

This shows us that (1) God *knew* that Adam would disobey, and that in turn shows us indirectly that (2) God gave man the free will to choose.

As such, it follows that God *allowed* such things as stupidity in us human types.

Also, the books of Psalms and Proverbs are especially rich with details about how the ability to choose between good & evil has governed the course of man since the Beginning. Especially since we all too often choose the evil (read: STUPID) things.

Finally, consider this quote from the prophet Jeremiah:

"The heart of man is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?"

It's certainly "bad" that we so often choose the stupid. Nonetheless, it is good *overall*, in the sense that we have the free will to choose. In their teens, we give our kids the freedom to make more & more of their own decisions. If they should happen to choose the stupid, then the responsibility is on *their* shoulders, not on ours [ << Unfortunately, I speak from experience here, so I know whereof I speak]. Doesn't make us at all "bad" just 'cuz, as parents, we *let* 'em choose. In fact, you'd be a pretty poor parent if you continued to make *all* their choices for 'em up till they leave the house at 18.
(Well, except for who our daughters date **he murmurs as he cocks his shotgun**)

mostly agreed here...:)

In Genesis 3:16-17, we are told that God commanded Adam that he "shall not" eat of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil, for "the day that you eat of it, you shall surely die".

This shows us that (1) God *knew* that Adam would disobey, and that in turn shows us indirectly that (2) God gave man the free will to choose.

Could not God, of whom man(kind) is made in his image, Choose not to forsee the futur? Otherwise why bother with giving man the choice in the first place. The gospels mention Gods purpose to redeem mankind through the Ransom because "he loved the world so much". So I am supposed to accept that the God mentioned in 1 John 4:4 where it says that "God is Love" is going to Predestine mankind to thousands of years of suffering?

Wasn't it rather because of their choice? And The Influence of the evil Angel Satan that they rebelled against God's Sovereignty and thus all of mans history has been basicaly to prove Satan a liar... to prove that man needs Gods guidance and that man can use his free will to choose to serve him, rather than is "predestined" to serve him?

:) Anyway, are there mentions of Terran Spirituality in WC?

I dunna care, Ima Pilgrim :p

I dunno what you mean by 'spirituality'...if you mean that stupid New Age crap, the only thing there is a bunch of ads in VS :D If you mean religion, well, there's definetly that...we see it every time Nephilim roast your wingmen :p Seriously, the funeral for Dallas has Wilford reading a Catholic, so it's quite posible Christianity predominates...

...or maybe Dallas was the odd-man out, and the rest were LOAFists <G>

Originally posted by AD

Could not God, of whom man(kind) is made in his image, Choose not to forsee the futur? Otherwise why bother with giving man the choice in the first place. The gospels mention Gods purpose to redeem mankind through the Ransom because "he loved the world so much". So I am supposed to accept that the God mentioned in 1 John 4:4 where it says that "God is Love" is going to Predestine mankind to thousands of years of suffering?

Wasn't it rather because of their choice? And The Influence of the evil Angel Satan that they rebelled against God's Sovereignty and thus all of mans history has been basicaly to prove Satan a liar... to prove that man needs Gods guidance and that man can use his free will to choose to serve him, rather than is "predestined" to serve him?

:) Anyway, are there mentions of Terran Spirituality in WC?

I'm not sure I understand the basic question you're asking here, but I'll try my best to respond to what I THINK you're asking:

God can't really "choose" to not see the future, because, being omniscient, He knows the end from the very beginning. It is part of the divine nature. That is the one "limitation" to God is that He cannot act contrary to His nature (Which is the very reason He cannot tolerate sin in His presence, being altogether sinless Himself).

No, man is not predestined *by God* to thousands of years of suffering; if anything, we predestine ourSELVES to that because we so often choose the wrong. In it's roots, yes, Adam/Eve's choice to believe the serpent instead of God LED to the sin "heritage" we all bear (Catholics call this "original sin"). But the point in giving us free choice is that He knows that SOME will choose the right, and that makes the whole "choice" thing worthwhile.

Satan don't need to be "proven" a liar; he stands convicted of that already. The whole point, biblically speaking, of history is about "proving" to man that God is who HE is. In the end, we all choose (using our God-given free will) to rebel or to embrace Him. That, mi amigo, is what determines whether your elevator is going "up" or "down" when you leave this sphere. The whole line of discussion of just *how much* "predestination" on God's part is involved is something Theologians have debated (& will continue to) for ages. The bottom line is, like the song sez, "ya gotta have faith"

Finally, the only references I recall seeing/hearing/reading about Terran religion are very general and oblique. Nothing very in depth or overt (unless I missed something).

Originally posted by Preacher

**Hmmm...time for a little expository preachin'...:**

As such, it follows that God *allowed* such things as stupidity in us human types.

Also, the books of Psalms and Proverbs are especially rich with details about how the ability to choose between good & evil has governed the course of man since the Beginning. Especially since we all too often choose the evil (read: STUPID) things.

Finally, consider this quote from the prophet Jeremiah:

"The heart of man is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?"

You're a bit off there Preacher. It was Genesis 2:17.

Even though we choose to do evil things God was nice enough to forgive us. John 3:16 proves this. So even if we choose evil things we can take comfort in knowing that God is willing to forgive us our sins and promise us everlasting life through his son Jesus Christ.

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
Even though we choose to do evil things God was nice enough to forgive us. John 3:16 proves this.

Again, I beg to differ

All of this bible talk reminds me of that summer of '92, south side of Chicago. I was living with my aunt and uncle who were Jehovah Witnesses, being 10 I just went along with it not really caring one bit. We'd go door to door in the fucking hood and talk bible shit with people. Being that I've never really read a bible I found it quite boring. Much like this thread, but we can all learn a very important lesson from the news. RELIGION BAD! Not meaning to flame anyone directly but at the present state of the world I feel that religion is doing more harm then it really should because people follow it too blindly. Although what is worse, suicide bombing for your religion or trying to cover up level 3 sex offenders. Personally I think anyone who messes with little boys needs to be hung by his nuts in time square. Either that or have the giver from http://www.goatse.cx/ go at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back