WCM movie ships

Darkseid freakin rocks Sup. He was the guy who made the Superman cartoon good. 98% other eps sucked.

I thought the episode where he raced the Flash was great.

But yeah, if you want total badasses, its hard to look farther than Darksied. Makes Thrakhath look like a kitten.

Since this thread is (or was) about the WCM, I feel oblidged to remind everyone it will be showing on Sci-Fi on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!! WOOO!!!!! ;D

'kay bye :D

The one with the Flash was blah.

The one where Superman dressed as Batman was fun though. :)

Lehah,you are speaking of Jack Kirby's old comic book creation ,right.He is a good villain except he(Darkseid),for being all powerful ,sure never got to far in his plans.You wonder why he even needed an anti-life equation if he supposedly was so powerful.He is a good villain,but Thrakhaths a more realistic villain I think.Anyways,I still like the Guardian from Ultima the best.

Yeah, thats who I was talking about, B, though me and Sup were discussing the Superman Animated Series incarnation. :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Which one is it? I like the topmost best.

Yup, that's the one. The top one is the Witchking (aka the leader of the nine ringwraiths) sword. The middle is Glamdring (Gandalf's Sword) and the bottom is Sting (Biblo/Frodo's sword).

Bastard swords are cool but were they really a major advantage over a normal longsword?

Well, IIRC the bastard sword is so called because it is halfway between a single handed and double-handed sword. Whether it was better than a normal broadsword probably depends on the wielder and their fighting technique. Using it with a standard (med - large) shield would probably be difficult unless you were strong enough to wield it effectively with one hand. Otherwise, it could probably be used with a small shield/buckler, so you're sacrificing some defence to boost your offence (or vice versa compared to a two-handed sword).
p.s. contrary to what you see in the movies, most 'parrying' was done with the shield and armor, at least with medievel style weaponry. Sword on sword contact was avoided wherever possible (although given the choice of parrying with my sword and parrying with my head I'd go the sword every time :D ).

Originally posted by Ghost
The Best is the Sword of Greyskull !!!

Scalpel! (*slapping sound*)
Forceps! (*slapping sound*)
Clamp! (*slapping sound*)
Napalm! (*Concerned hush falls over room*)
Flamethrower! (*Whump*)
CLEAR! (*sounds of massive inferno, mixed with crackling of flaming wreckage and general mayhem follows*)
(Hilarity ensues)

Best becareful what you say Preacher. Things could get ugly...

mastersu5.jpg

Greyskull fricking rules!!! :cool:

Don't make fun of Skeletor....or he shall wreck unforgetable harm upon you. :D

Originally posted by LeHah
Best becareful what you say Preacher. Things could get ugly...

mastersu5.jpg

Greyskull fricking rules!!! :cool:

A) I wasn't making fun in any way of "greyskull" (not that he doesn't deserve it, I just can't be bothered

B) Immolation generally isn't "pretty", so things are already "ugly":)

How old are you Preacher? His name is Skeletor, not Greyskull. :rolleyes:

Let's not get into the "EVERYONE grew up with HeMan when they were kids" discussion :)

First person I though of when I saw that pic was Soka! :)
(Oh, those wondering 'wtf is Soka'...

Okay, going off topic here, but anyway...

Soka was a Goa'uld. Not sure if you're familiar with Stargate, but the Goa'uld are a parasitic race - they take over humans (or other animals) to use as hosts in a forced simbionic life, and enforce slavery on humans by posing as gods.

Most of the System lords worked together, except for Soka. Soka was a rogue Goa'uld - and the worst of all. And...

Of all the gods he chose to impersonate, he chose the devil

Basically... he's nasty :)

Re: Okay, going off topic here, but anyway...

Originally posted by akashra
Not sure if you're familiar with Stargate, but the Goa'uld are a parasitic race - they take over humans (or other animals) to use as hosts in a forced simbionic life

Basically... he's nasty :)

...Not unlike the unnamed alien race Mulder & Scully are always chasing after. Of course, this wouldn't include the alien rebels, since their main interaction with Terrans is to make 'em into crispy critters...

Back