WCIV endings

Wolfsbane

Spaceman
I saw "hopeful" and "dark" endings for WCIV mentioned in one of the threads here. EVERY time I played WCIV, I got the ending where Blair becomes a pilot trainer. How do you get the other one? I'm in the mood for another run through WCIV

Agree with Hawk. I think the main key is choosing to use the Flashpack on the Ella station, but you may also have to choose the Speardon missions instead of Circe. Circe are missions where you are assiting the BWs against attacks, while Speardon involves you getting more weapons. Panther wants you to choose Circe, Hawk Speardon, if I recall correctly.

Not on the PSX version, 'cause you can't go to Circe!
mad.gif
Damn, stupid butchered console version!

Anyway, the first time I saw the "dark" ending, I was shocked. I'd never knew it existed. Hell, I'd been playing WC3 for almost two years before I finally saw all the cutscenes!

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you have to go to both Speardon and flashpack ella. It's the only way to get it that I know of (i've tried
smile.gif
) Good cutscene, if you liked the Dragons and the idea of BL Covert Ops
smile.gif

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Wolfsbane said:
I saw "hopeful" and "dark" endings for WCIV mentioned in one of the threads here. EVERY time I played WCIV, I got the ending where Blair becomes a pilot trainer. How do you get the other one? I'm in the mood for another run through WCIV

To get the "dark" ending, Hawk's morale has to be better than Panther's by the end of the game. The way the game is set up, the major changes in difference of morale between the 2 is when you have to chose one over the other, like say for the Circe/Speradon split (not the only choice, but an obvious one).

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

So I suppose I could tell Panther to deal with Maniac herself...that cutscene is kinda funny anyways.

I'll probably have to nuke Ella, though.

Why should we NOT ever use the F.P. in Ella

------------------
Here's to you guy's for doing your job, and for not getting dead (Mac from Speed)

Only from your point of view. Just do the same thing, except with not flashpack. Just go inside, lock on, fire all missles and start shooting every gun you have, and before long you have it blowing up around you
smile.gif

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Shane said:
If you use the flashpack on Ella, it makes the mission to destroy the Vesuvius a tad harder.

Note that it is possible to agree to take the FP, but not use it on Ella. ("Why?" you ask? "Outrun Ella" has more ships to deal with than "flashpak Ella")

Agree to take the FP with you to Ella, but don't use it. Whack all the fighters, dump all power to guns (if there's nothing to hurt you, shields and damage control aren't needed; ditto engines, for the most part, though a single 'notch' of engine power to move around can't hurt), then just lean on the trigger, using your only torp (since the FP takes up a torp hardpoint) to speed the process a little. Move around a bit to get the other quadrants of the station. Takes time, yeah, but by doing it that way you can use the FP later on the Vesuvius (which isn't that hard to kill with conventional weapons, mind you).

------------------
SubCrid Death

[This message has been edited by Death (edited August 26, 2000).]

The Dragon has two torp hardpoints, and providing you don't have the FP, vaping the Vesuvius with two torps from the inside is easy enough, isn't it?

It's so simple you blow up Ella with the FP and then Dart the Ves.

------------------
Here's to you guy's for doing your job, and for not getting dead (Mac from Speed)

Wedge009 said:
The Dragon has two torp hardpoints, and providing you don't have the FP, vaping the Vesuvius with two torps from the inside is easy enough, isn't it?

In theory, they can't lock from inside the hangar. I've not gotten the chance to try that out, though.

------------------
SubCrid Death

Actually if you dont use the flash pack you HAVE to torpedo it from inside. The torpedos cant penetrate the shields

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

It's so simple to torp the insides, the game engine always locks the torps onto the centre of the ship. Fire away and burn outta there.

It's just annoying that the Vesuvius sometimes has the habit of turning around with you inside, smacking your ship in the hangar's wall.
tongue.gif

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

[This message has been edited by klaus (edited August 26, 2000).]

To avoid bouncing around inside a carrier hangar do the following: Simply stay in the mouth of the opening. Match your speed to the carriers. As you're a fair distance from the center of the carrier you should be able to see the square representing the carrier and locking indicators for your torps while still going in the same direction as the carrier. Once lock is achieved, simply fire and spin around. As you're in the mouth of the hangar spinning around gets you out of the ship without damage.
Question: Has anyone successfully flown through the hangar of the Kilrathi light destroyer (the one that fires the bio missiles at Locanda) in WC3? It's the only ship with a hangar that I can't get into.

Penguin: I've flown through it, but it cost me half of my armour and it was useless in terms of combat benefits, since you couldn't really stop in there (well, with autoslide and some really fancy manoeuvring, you could, but...). Thus, it's really just something to try on a rainy day
smile.gif

Back