WCIV endings

you need cheats for that!? pff plebe
wink2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Note I said it makes it a tad harder to destroy the Vesuvius.
smile.gif
I've had no trouble locking on from the inside of the ship using Penguin's technique.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited August 29, 2000).]

If Im not mistaken doesnt parking in the very end of the hangar bay put you in more danger of getting smacked into a wall when the ship turns? You should park where the ship's center of rotation is before you start thinking about shooting it, that way you'll survive a bit more often when your victim makes a snap turn.

As for taking the Ves down... ive always preferred a salvo of Dumbfires if available instead of torpedoes. Much more power usually at a lot less lock time. And with the Ves, no chance of missing. Full charge from the Fissions, rip off the DF, another burst of fission, and voila! Watch the crate fry. In theory. Ive never tried this approach, and cant verify it for you because someone else has my WC4 copy. anyway...

------------------
Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Perhaps he meant just outside of the hangar.

------------------
The WC Source Code Release Project needs you!
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings
"...we follow the sun, we follow the sun, we follow the sun..."

Member of the LMG(Centaurian)

When taking out the Vesuvius, I use the safer & reliable conventional weapons. I originally thought that if I didn't use the flashpack and had captured Mr. Seether (I wanted to send Dekker & his Marines to pick up Mr. Seether), I could turn them both in before the Homeworld Senate as evidence. Having Mr. Seether in chains would humiliate Tolwyn.

Well, I played through and saw the "Dark Ending"...It was SO not worth it. Although it was worth going after Ella with the Flashpak for the cutscene...Panther's even prettier angry
smile.gif

------------------
Bastardly Productions: More fun than a piñata filled with bees

You have to see the second Dark ending with Blair in command of a re-education camp.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Huh? I thought there was only a Blair=admiral dark ending?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Meson was kidding. Maybe you weren't able to see the smiley face with your browser.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited August 31, 2000).]

Reply to: "...Panther's even prettier angry"

And when Blair kisses Rachel in the bar, Flint gets even prettier when she gets angry with Blair.

Shane: You're right. Yesterday there wasn't a smiley and now there is...strange.

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Awww.... C'mon people... The BEST ending, IMHO (OK... best DONE ending), is Blair vs. the Execution Squads. I really was struck by that ending.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Agreed, at least in the Kilrathi War, if you were executed (by Kilrathi that is), you'd be honoured and whatever. It really hurts when you've failed and you're executed as a 'traitor' and there's no way to fix that - you'll always be remembered that way.

I also liked Panther better. Pity Blair couldn't get her, but I always thought those kissing scenes were a bit cheesy anyway.

Back