WC4 3d acceleration?

Originally posted by Madman

to the original message though the WC4 code has been investigated fairly thoroughly so maybe an external program could be used besides all we have to do is find someone with loads of time and get him to go through and see waht everything does :)

The best person who could have done that isnt active in the WC arena any longer, of course I am talking about the one and only....drum roll please.....Mario "HC1" Brito. Hail to the master coder!!

RFBurns

Pardon moi, but isn't HCl as in hydrochloric acid?

Originally posted by Pedro
For FPS I'll take Goldeneye, TWINE and Perfect Dark.

I'm not really into FPS, but Goldeneye really changed my mind. I'm still debating which to get first, TWINE or PD. (Yes I know they've been out for ages, but I'm a cheapskate, OK?)

H+C+l. The last character is indeed a lower-case L, like Hydrogen Chloride. Go to his page, select the big red title, and copy it to notepad. Then add a "1" next to the "l", and you will clearly see that the "l" is indeed an "l", not a "1".

It depends on your taste Quarto, Perfect Dark has an original plot, is well made and original, but still if you've ever seen yourself as Bond (hasn't everyone) it'll give TWINE that edge which is on its own a very good game.
Personally I suggest PD but be sure to put it into widescreen if you like to keep your framerate up :)

HCL..ok, just it looked like a 1 in the old txt readme files that came along with many of his proggies. My goof! Sorry Mario! :eek:

RFBurns

Originally posted by Pedro
It depends on your taste Quarto, Perfect Dark has an original plot, is well made and original, but still if you've ever seen yourself as Bond (hasn't everyone) it'll give TWINE that edge which is on its own a very good game.
Personally I suggest PD but be sure to put it into widescreen if you like to keep your framerate up :)

I asked the question, but thanks! I always played GE64 in widescreen. In between the fullscreen and cinema options, I think. Does it really help the framerate that much? That was the only thing that bothered me slightly in GE64. eg Frigate level - look out to the sea, smooth as a baby's bum. Turn towards the ship, major slowdown. I'd hate to see it on PS1! :) Say, how does TWINE do on the N64, anyway, considering it's originally a PS1 title?

Sorry wedge :)
Well the framerate was an issue in high res, you see PD supports low res with full wide and cinema and hi res with full wide and cinema. Wide screen low res is the highest framerate the n64 can produce, its really down to taste what you have it set on. I'd say widescreen hi res was just a little better than goldeneye on almost all the levels.

TWINE on the n64 is a completley different game to the one on the PS1, I haven't played the PS1 version but the ign review was constanly complaining that it wasn't anywhere near as good as the n64 version. Take that how you will. I liked going in to london underground etc on TWINE but it is quite difficult later on.

Drool, I can hardly wait now! But I have to wait until the break, anyway - I don't think they're going to disappear at $AU90 a game.

Rare has always been good at making hit games, but on the other hand, TWINE is Bond... Pity EA had to screw up Tomorrow Never Dies. I was so disappointed when I heard that Rare didn't get the license. And I'm not even a FPS fan!

Back