WC4 3d acceleration?

Well, just because YOU don't like 3D first action shooters, doesn't mean you have to criticize them...

Counterstrike is the best example of "smart" AI we got, for those kind of games...
And IT IS pretty realistic.

Huh when did he say he doesn't like first person shooters? I like first person shooters but I don't like half-life or counter-strike.

Why not, Dekkar??? :confused:

It's such an awesome game!!!!
It's HARD, but life is hard too... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-19-2001 at 00:59]

Yeah most people loved half-life, even one of my friends who generally sticks to rpgs bought a copy. Hard is a good thing, I enjoy a challange. I borrowed my friend's copy for awhile started playing through it and just got sick of it, I can't remember any problems it just didn't hold my attention, so I went back to system shock 2 or whatever I was playing around that time.

oooh, System Shock 2, now there is a intelligent and challenging game. THat kept me playing for a long time. I kept encountering enemies that i thought were to hard to fight only to get used to them and come upon more enemies and going through the same process again.

PC fps have just never "felt" right to me. The one thing that made me take interest in Half-Life was the plot, but it was too little and too spaced out.
For FPS I'll take Goldeneye, TWINE and Perfect Dark. They may not be graphically impressive but they just have that feeling, where shooting someone is (in the game ofcourse) is enjoyable rather than a chour.

I found Half-Life had the best single-player mode of every 1st person shooter at that time. Of course nowadays the graphics are a bit obsolete, that's why Gunman was a bit disappointing for me. And CS is really fun to play as MP game but if you prefer faster action you should stick to Quake3.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-19-2001 at 09:06]

Hmmm have you even played Goldenye?
:)

The other thing is its not quite so much fun when you can't shout you ****ing ******* at the person who just riddled you with bullets.

HL was/is a good game. Found the story very interesting. Only thing I didnt like was that darn long neck alien thing with the huge beak! Never got into the CS mod much. But since the game used the Quake 2 engine that helped the game alot with multi code.

RFBurns

on this subject doom and doom2 are still the best fps of all time, sysshck 2 although now a tad dated is incredible and very addictive as for HL it is rather boring but CS is brilliant unlike Q3 that just doesnt work.

to the original message though the WC4 code has been investigated fairly thoroughly so maybe an external program could be used besides all we have to do is find someone with loads of time and get him to go through and see waht everything does :) seriously though the only way were gonna get the code is by getting loads of people to petition and if necessary buying the code, even the wc3 engine would do ships can be downgraded, but id have to agree that the wc4 engine is the best by far, its fast, reliable and has loads of nice touches, such as the second gun setup, esp on the dragon :)

btw loaf have you ever been in the ea offices ? otherwise how do you now about the lift? ;)

on a more serious note, decompilers are available anywhere and encryption crackers are possible too its a serious thought, but i agree with the point its seriously illegal, if they said we could itd be okay, how about we mail them and ask if, if we crack it we can use it ? :)
as for cracking windows, if the best crackers in the world couldnt do it, evc etc then how did you ? spout **** if you must but do it to your mates not us.

[Edited by madman on 03-19-2001 at 14:10]

i only decompiled explorer and other windows utilities like paint not the kernel or anything important to windows and i wasnt able to test it cause i dont have a compiler

Heck, at the UO Faire a few months back, I talked to Origin people who *still* considered us the best Origin-related fan site around -- which certainly didn't help my ego!:)

Well its a title you deserve, whenever I want something wing commander the chance are I'll find it here. You've got my collection to a good size, introduced me to AcademyTV which I never even knew exsisted, helped get Unknown Enemy into action and brought my attention to many other projects.
Thankyou CIC!

Although you do realise its not neccessary to agree with Origin's every single move, they probably haven't even checking here since P:Online was cancelled :(

Back