WC3 Win95 Patch

Sorry for getting your hopes up. I have about 5GB in Wc related patches and site rips, but that file isn't amongst them :-(

what does this patch actually do ? Is it not mistaken for WC4 w95 patch ? I remember the WC3 KS update and some patches for running on newer OS's like the ones here and the older Windows 2000 patch.

Last edited:
what does this patch actually do ? Is it not mistaken for WC4 w95 patch ? I remember the WC3 KS update and some patches for running on newer OS's like the ones here and the older Windows 2000 patch.
It literally Converts the DOS GOG and Origin releases of WC3 into W95 with nocd and the digital music

Really, such a thing exists? The main reason why I never bought it on GoG is that they do not have the KS music...

I first played the Mac version in my childhood, I cannot go back to the MIDI.

I had to replay WC3 on Windows 7 back in the day without the in-game music because I only had the cd version back then and no patch...

might be worth getting the KS edition and apply the available patches...

Gentleman
Do as you want with it
to make it work on GOG just extract DATA.DAT and then this.
also i left both the original ddhack and for bonus Dgvoodoo2 with the "dark space" and Reshade

Also a note, mainly for ben and others, grab a sturdy and really damn good 1995 17" or 21" inch PC crt screen and and make a good setting for it.
there's some good videos showing how did this work
The link is unfortunately dead.
the Zippyshare link is still working

Much appreciated.

Edit: Fuck me, this works splendid. Using the NoScanLinesExe with the ddraw.dll-hack and it is pretty much flawless.

Replaying WC3 next :). Got frustrated in the late battles of Tie Fighter anyway. While the base game is utterly brilliant, the lack of any sensible counter-measure against missiles really hurts the gameplay experience and leads to a lot of immersion-breaking gameplay, like not firing on an enemy vessel to avoid pulling agro / getting targeted by two advanced missiles, which are a 50/50 death sentence.

The thing is... I do own Kilrathi Saga. But that never worked this good, although I freely admit the last time I tried was under Windows Vista three PCs back. So maybe it is just the combination of dgVoodoo (of which was was not aware back then, if it existed at all) and the DirectDraw hack...

So, for the technically minded wing-nut, can somebody explain what exactly this pack really is?
Is it just the KS WC3 executables with some additional DLL hacks or is there more to it?

Last edited:
Much appreciated.

Edit: Fuck me, this works splendid. Using the NoScanLinesExe with the ddraw.dll-hack and it is pretty much flawless.

Replaying WC3 next :). Got frustrated in the late battles of Tie Fighter anyway. While the base game is utterly brilliant, the lack of any sensible counter-measure against missiles really hurts the gameplay experience and leads to a lot of immersion-breaking gameplay, like not firing on an enemy vessel to avoid pulling agro / getting targeted by two advanced missiles, which are a 50/50 death sentence.

The thing is... I do own Kilrathi Saga. But that never worked this good, although I freely admit the last time I tried was under Windows Vista three PCs back. So maybe it is just the combination of dgVoodoo (of which was was not aware back then, if it existed at all) and the DirectDraw hack...

So, for the technically minded wing-nut, can somebody explain what exactly this pack really is?
Is it just the KS WC3 executables with some additional DLL hacks or is there more to it?
good to see that you are having fun, also if your sensibility is out of place with sticks, use the command lines.

For everyone who owns the GOG-Version of Wing Commander 3 and want to upgrade it to the Kilrathi Saga Version (and of course legally you have to own Kilrathi Saga):

1) extract DATA.DAT (with 7-Zip) directly into the install folder
2) copy the contents of the this patch into the install folder
3) copy the contents of the ddhack folder (inlcuded in patch) into the install folder
3) Download latest Version of dgVoodoo2 - copy DDraw.dll (and optional dgVoodoo.conf + dgVoodooCpl.exe for configuration) into the install folder
4) start the game with "WC3 NoScanlines.exe" (or the WC3W.exe if you want the interlaced movie playback)

Works like a charm (way better then the GOG DOS release as far as I can tell).

ShadowArm posted the link changing the Joystick sensitivity via Command Line:

Never heard the new Kilrathi Saga sounds before, couldn´t believe the difference!

Update: 02.06.2021 - dgVoodoo2 seems to be working better (fullscreen movies, reshade support, etc)

Last edited:
I found the source code for the ddhack by Jari Komppa, is there any more documentation or source code available for this patch?

Thanks!

Back