WC2 Questions

Originally posted by TC

Wow... you must sound like an idiot...

TC

You have no sense of context, do you?... :rolleyes:

When one is in an informal setting, one is usually free to "let their guard down". And, in the course of hanging out w/ folks you know, it's not unusual (for those who have at least some vestigial sense of humor, anyway) to speak in all sorts of slang, colloquialism, euphemisms, accents, dialects, etc.--basically, whatever you feel comfortable speaking in--to break the ice, keep it light, and just enjoy the conversation. If needed, I could speak the "King's English" along with the best of 'em. I don't *need* to do that here, so I don't bother.

I kinda thought we were all pretty much "friends" here, but maybe I was wrong...

Word: People w/ a sense of humor live longer, happier lives.
True, dat. (Maybe google can help you find one?...):D

Originally posted by Preacher

When one is in an informal setting, one is usually free to "let their guard down".
Not here Preacher. Do that and you're roadkill.

Originally posted by Preacher

I kinda thought we were all pretty much "friends" here, but maybe I was wrong...
In the world of VR and CZ nothing seems to be more satisfying than to simply be downright insulting, Preacher.

And keep in mind that most of the people playing computer games are not too good in reading texts. Mint manuals are common ground, if you hadn't noticed. Selective reading is also a favorite. Type the meaning of life and make a typo.. you'll be sure to get comments on the typo but never on the meaning of life.
Oh, and never ask for help.

Somewhere down the line they forgot to put these things in the board rules, thought I'd better straighten you out. Luckily Stormbirds even fly when they're dead.

I'm seriously trying to stop being mean to people -- but I have to say this straight out: you have to stop being a jerk. We all realize that you and Tye had some kind of dumb fight -- but that's no reason for you to sputter and spout and insult the whole CZ. Because it'll just get someone else mad, and there's no reason for that.

Further, if you are not happy with the way the CZ is being run, either leave or contact one of the moderators *privately*. Complaining to the masses soley for the purpose of ryling people up is a sure way to get htaccessed.

Understand?

I don't want to sound like some jackass but I'm glad you're trying to be nicer LOAF. Sometimes, more recently on, #wingnut, I feel like I'm just there for everyone to throw stones at, despite me being reletively quiet the past week and a half. I'm trying to cut down on the bullshit and references I sling on this board, too.

I know I sound like a complete knob on this board sometimes, but I think it's one of those things where you have to meet me to understand my language.

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone trying to better themselves. :)

That's all I got to say in my little box for now.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
you have to stop being a jerk.

OMG LOAF, calling me a jerk that fast? Last time somebody tried something like this at me it was called giving you a hard time!

We all realize that you and Tye had some kind of dumb fight -- but that's no reason for you to sputter and spout and insult the whole CZ.

Correct, LOAF. Tye and me has nothing to do with my posting here and now. I already put that way behind me with a warning buoy to prevent future encounters.
Call me a jerk, but looking at the rest of the messages at the board AND some remarks given by other people about the way things are said here I really can say that I am not even trying to insult anybody with this post. Maybe giving you all a little bit of a hard time. VERY maybe showing some fangs every now and then (weird for a Stormbird), but absolutely not more than anybody else to be called an insulting jerk. I REALLY resent that!

Further, if you are not happy with the way the CZ is being run, either leave or contact one of the moderators *privately*.

oh I am happy enough with the way the CZ is run... you didn't get a *private* mail from me yet, neither did any of the other moderators. Really LOAF, I don't do any more whining than the average contributor... maybe it's a matter of being at a certain spot at a certain time.

Complaining to the masses soley for the purpose of rallying people up is a sure way to get htaccessed.

Maybe it's time to drop ME a line and get to know me better LOAF. This one really did hurt. I may be a harsh critic every now and then, but I have always been considered fair, and back off, even apologize if I'm on the wrong track. This was NO complaining.. that would have been done to the moderators in private. I DID read the rules, believe it or not. There has also been NO purpose of rallying people up. Look at the way this thread is turning, not THAT was what I intended. To try and get people to realise that lately there has been the tendency of tenseness and irritation on the board, that reactions are given on half a word read. And that is no message to the moderators, but to all of us posting, me included.
Besides of that, since when is Preacher the masses? <sad attempt to a joke here> though masses... Preacher... I can see a connection

Understand?
I DEFINITELY DO, LOAF. Usually, if people are nice to me, I am nice to them too.

Originally posted by LeHah

Anyway, I'm glad to see someone trying to better themselves. :)

LOAF, sorry sorry sorry for doubleposting... if you can tell me how to quote from different people in the same post, I'd be obliged.. am no programmer here and have serious blonde moments. Alzheimer hitting in, i presume. Soon I'll be a very happy guy with nothing to worry about anyomore.. life will be wonderful!

I'll do my best to be my sweet little self again as well, LeHah, make the world a better place, starting with myself.
Nobody's perfect, so let's just accept that.

I honestly hope your "sweet little self" isn't what we've seen from double posting and bad attempts at hazing threads and even LOAF.

Generally, the best thing to do is just to cut and paste so that quoted threads are all together in one reply -- I generally prefer to type out any replies of substance in EditPlus first, since it gives me a bit more space to work with.

Now, about the rest of your post -- I understand that you don't think you're being a jerk. While things like "And keep in mind that most of the people playing computer games are not too good in reading texts. Mint manuals are common ground, if you hadn't noticed. Selective reading is also a favorite." may just be 'showing some fangs' to you, they come off as being a jerk to everyone else. It seems like -- and I won't date to assume what you *mean* to say -- that you're insulting the group because a few select individuals have fought with you... and that aint right. It may not be (heck, it's probably not) intended as an insult... but it comes off as offensive. See what I'm saying?

Lehah, LOL about the double posting, and really hoping you meant that as a joke... starting to become a little uncertain here <wry grin>

And guys, weird as it may seem, hazing really isn't my style. Maybe I do have a bit high standards about close reading, comes with the years of legal training as well as the years of being a content manager. All that and still a bad typist.

LeHah, stop giving me a hard time and I won't throw rocks at you.. deal?

LOAF... just one more time. "a few select individuals have fought with you". Nah.. wouldn't call that a fight yet. A disagreement, true. Still, and I cannot emphasize it enough, they are not the because!

Anyways, as EVERYONE else thinks I'm a jerk... (is it just me or is it for saying that... oh skip it, I don't even wanna know!) Where is your sense of humour? Or reality... techies are world-wide known for their unwillingness to read manuals... me included. Just take the punch, I do too.. every time.

EVERYBODY... I may be a jerk, but if I stepped on somebody's toes just a little too heavy, I apologise sincerely for that. Okay? Once again, I'll try and moderate myself.

And about hazing... let's get this thread back to what is all started about. Anyone wants to whine and moan more about me, put up a thread for it!

Originally posted by Stormbird
... techies are world-wide known for their unwillingness to read manuals... me included. Just take the punch, I do too.. every time. ...
LOL! Only too true, myself included! It also seems a lot of people don't read back what they type before they press 'post' or 'send' or whatever. God knows I don't! ;)
On many games cheats sites, they actually list checking invulnerability in the options screen in WC3, because no one seems to read the manual!

Maybe because LOAF explained how to quote different messages without double-posting... *g*
I was asking myself that same question, and that's the only thing I found useful in this thread :p

--Eder

Eh, I just accidentally stuck it while looking at Bob's account and forgot (read: was too lazy) to unstick it.

yeah, i was wondering about that too... what happened to all the other "stuck" posts we used to have up there?

Back