WC2 Questions

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
Okay, so I've finished off SO2 yesterday, and I was just wondering about a few bits of trivia.

The Hha'ifra: Thrakhath's Flagship.
Do we know what class this ship was, and what happened to it when Thrakhath transferred to that gargantuan of a dreadnought later?

Rogakh Cruisers
These were used in the ground bombing of Ghorah Khar in SO1. Are they ever mentioned anywhere else?

Ship Design
Not WC2 related, but about ship designs - we know that Terrans prefer symmetric designs and Kilrathi asymmetric. What distinguishes the Nephilim ships? As far as I can recall, only the Orca destroyer is asymmetric, but I think one thing striking about the Nephilim craft is that they use seven points in their designs. I think so, anyway. Seven cooling towers on the wormhole, seven 'tentacles' on the Tiamat, etc.

That's all for the serious questions.

The Mace
Why can the Concordia survive a nuclear blast? :) More to the point, how can a Morningstar survive a direct Mace hit? (Maniac broke off and flew straight into my Mace. Stupid idiot.)

Text colour
I thought just about every major character in WC2 had their own colour for their speech text in cutscenes. It seems Angel and Talon speak the same way. :) Eww.

And as enthusiastic as I was for getting as many kills as possible - for the record, here's what I got. They include losing path missions (which often provide more cannon fodder, provided I ended up with the 'best' victory at the end of the campaign).
WC1 24 Missions 219 Kills - 5 Bronze 7 Silver 3 Gold
SM1 16 Missions 281 Kills - 2 Bronze 1 Silver 1 Gold
SM2 16 Missions 268 Kills - 2 Bronze 2 Silver 3 Gold
Total 56 Missions 768 Kills - 9 Bronze 10 Silver 7 Gold

WC2 31 Missions 243 Kills
SO1 19 Missions 183 Kills
SO2 19 Missions 158 Kills
Total 69 Missions 584 Kills

WC1/2 Total:
125 Missions 1352 Kills
Average 10.816 Kills per Mission
Ace status achieved twice every mission!

Originally posted by Wedge009

Strange as it mays seem, the Medals were awarded more for how much damage you took, rather then how much you dealt. Fly a perfect mission, taking out 20 enemy with no damage and you get jack. Come back with no armor and one gun left and they give you a Gold Star. Go figure.

Okay, so I've finished off SO2 yesterday, and I was just wondering about a few bits of trivia.

The Hha'ifra: Thrakhath's Flagship.
Do we know what class this ship was, and what happened to it when Thrakhath transferred to that gargantuan of a dreadnought later?

----Looks like a khamek corvette with more wings, and who knows?? -----

Rogakh Cruisers
These were used in the ground bombing of Ghorah Khar in SO1. Are they ever mentioned anywhere else?

----Where was mentioned that thing about the Cruisers name ??--

Ship Design
Not WC2 related, but about ship designs - we know that Terrans prefer symmetric designs and Kilrathi asymmetric. What distinguishes the Nephilim ships? As far as I can recall, only the Orca destroyer is asymmetric, but I think one thing striking about the Nephilim craft is that they use seven points in their designs. I think so, anyway. Seven cooling towers on the wormhole, seven 'tentacles' on the Tiamat, etc.

-----They preffer asymmetry but the Kilrathi ships ARE symmetric (Vakthoth,Ekapshi,etc, because of the engine of the game )----

That's all for the serious questions.

The Mace
Why can the Concordia survive a nuclear blast? :) More to the point, how can a Morningstar survive a direct Mace hit? (Maniac broke off and flew straight into my Mace. Stupid idiot.)

------The Morningstar have a time-travel device like the Nuke bomb in Priv 2 *g*----

Text colour
I thought just about every major character in WC2 had their own colour for their speech text in cutscenes. It seems Angel and Talon speak the same way. :) Eww.

----Yes Talon is gay !!!-----

And as enthusiastic as I was for getting as many kills as possible - for the record, here's what I got. They include losing path missions (which often provide more cannon fodder, provided I ended up with the 'best' victory at the end of the campaign).

WC2 31 Missions 243 Kills
SO1 19 Missions 183 Kills
SO2 19 Missions 158 Kills
Total 69 Missions 584 Kills

WC1/2 Total:
125 Missions 1352 Kills
Average 10.816 Kills per Mission
Ace status achieved twice every mission! [/B][/QUOTE]

No, medals in WC1 were not awarded for how much damage you took... each mission that allows a medal has a set number of 'medal points' that must be collected by the player -- points are given for things like destroying enemy ships, completing your mission... or lost for losing Confed ships.

The Hha'ifra is a Hha'ifra class dreadnought.

Rigakh cruisers appear on the KS calendar.

(...)

Rogakh Cruisers
(...)

Sorry, I can't answer any of your question but like Ghost I'd like to know when those cruisers were mentioned.

Re: Re: WC2 Questions

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Sorry, I can't answer any of your question but like Ghost I'd like to know when those cruisers were mentioned.

In SO1 you're told that while you were away a Rigagkh cruiser snuck past Confed lines and bombed Ghorah Khar. (And, of course, they show up on the KS Calendar...)

Re: Re: WC2 Questions

Originally posted by Ghost
They preffer asymmetry but the Kilrathi ships ARE symmetric (Vakthoth,Ekapshi,etc, because of the engine of the game )
The Vaktoth and Ekapshi are NOT symmetrical. Indeed, none of the Kilrathi fighters/bombers in WCIII (and after) are symmetrical.

If you went through Venice, then you missed one kill. If you went through Hell's Kitchen, then you missed four. The medals also depend on the route you took. However, the maximum number of medals you can earn in Vega is 17. You can get four Bronze Stars (it is impossible to get five in Vega), three Gold Stars, eight Silver Stars, one Golden Sun, and one Medal of Honor. You have to go through Venice to do that, too. If you go through Hell's Kitchen, your medal count will be smaller.

Keep in mind that I may have made a few errors in there. I have to get to class, so I'll check everything and give you the maximum statistics for The Secret Missions later.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No, medals in WC1 were not awarded for how much damage you took... each mission that allows a medal has a set number of 'medal points' that must be collected by the player -- points are given for things like destroying enemy ships, completing your mission... or lost for losing Confed ships.

The Hha'ifra is a Hha'ifra class dreadnought.

Rigakh cruisers appear on the KS calendar.
Based on this I guess if you lose some points, you will get FIVE bronze and SEVEN silver instead of FOUR bronze and EIGHT silver medals, and of course kills can be differents because I think it's quite hard to be so fast that your wingmen will NEVER *catch* even a SINGLE kill!

Originally posted by Jochen

I think it's quite hard to be so fast that your wingmen will NEVER *catch* even a SINGLE kill!
Send them home at the beginning of the mission, to get all the kills...

Of course, this is just a stupid way to alter the game... since wingmen are valuable partners, even if their A.I. sometimes sucks...

I send my wingmen back to the Tiger's Claw whenever possible. There are a few (Bossman and Maniac come to mind) that will not obey that order. In those cases, you simply have to be faster then they are. It isn't that hard. If I can do it, you can do it. :)

Re: Re: Re: WC2 Questions

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix

The Vaktoth and Ekapshi are NOT symmetrical. Indeed, none of the Kilrathi fighters/bombers in WCIII (and after) are symmetrical.

...actually, the Ekapshi MIGHt be symm'cal--I'll hafta look up it's profile later.

Clarification, plz: Are you sayin' the ships HAD to be symm'cal in WC1&2 'cuz of the game engine's limitation? (that's how I read it, anyway, which makes sense 2me...)

Wow. Is time really so precious to you that you can't take the extra two or three seconds to actually spell words correctly?

Re: Re: Re: Re: WC2 Questions

Originally posted by Preacher
Clarification, plz: Are you sayin' the ships HAD to be symm'cal in WC1&2 'cuz of the game engine's limitation?

That is correct.

--Eder

Re: Re: Re: WC2 Questions

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
In SO1 you're told that while you were away a Rigagkh cruiser snuck past Confed lines and bombed Ghorah Khar. (And, of course, they show up on the KS Calendar...)

Ok, must be on the losing path (which I still haven't played all through yet, a great miss I know). :)
Thanks anyway.

'Tis a losing mission indeed, Mekt. As I said, I took the [extra] losing paths [missions in SO1/2] to gather as many kills as possible. :) [But I always ended with full victory conditions. ie K'tithrak Mang as opposed to Gwynedd]

So I may have missed a couple here and there. That's what savegame editors are for. ;) (For adding the kills from the last mission of every campaign which is never saved, at the very least.)

Originally posted by WildWeasel
Wow. Is time really so precious to you that you can't take the extra two or three seconds to actually spell words correctly?

Well, between that, and the fact that I "spells it the way I sez it", and the fact that there are so many others here @ the CZ that can't or don't spell very well, yeah... (If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em). :)

Besides, this is the ONE place where I don't hafta concern myself w/ spelling, so why should I, since people understand the posts just fine?... BTW, sounds like you been hanging out w/ Akashra too much lately... :D

'Tis a losing mission indeed, Mekt. As I said, I took the [extra] losing paths [missions in SO1/2] to gather as many kills as possible. :) [But I always ended with full victory conditions. ie K'tithrak Mang as opposed to Gwynedd]

(...)

Someday I'll do this too, I just missed too much by only going the lose-lose path and the total-win path.

Back