WC1 Hell's Kitchen

Mincemeat

Doomsday's Neighbour
I'm starting to like the last mission in Hell's Kitchen - it's quite a gauntlet for the l'il Scimitar.

Just wondering if anybody has managed to complete it, taking down all the aces. (I won't ask for full kills for now)

I'll post it to youtube if I ever manage to pull that off.

Nice job! It's interesting to see some of the losing missions which carry over partially to Wing Commander 2 and Special Operations. You can get some very interesting challenges in failing...

Unfortunately, Origin decided that making alternate trees was not as important in the other Wing Commander games(they make a return in Wing Commander 3 and 4 somewhat).

Good spotting, the WC1 reference to Deneb sector is definitely more significant in light of WC2 and SO.

Here's some static screenshots of the action:

1.png

Your wingman will simply wilt under the guns of those gratha at Nav 1 unless you taunt them both and divert their attention on you. After that, the fate of that Ralari will be a foregone conclusion.

2.png

I find Bhurak to be the toughest ace to deal with, period. Probably because his agility is accentuated by the Scimitar's lack thereof. I have to let his Salthi run away, double-back to Nav 1, then come back for another go at him.

3.png

Dralthis are usually easy prey (you can shoot down one on a single head-on pass), but a horde of them can make even shelton slides hazardous.

4.png

McBakhtosh presents the 1/2 salvo Jalthi combo, with a side order of fried shields :(

5.png

He who dies amused... still dies.

6.png

Mon dieu! The TCS Tiger's Claw almost became Khajja's 100th!

yeah it's funny how in the wc games the cooler missions are often the losing paths. I like how in wc3 when you're losing you get to take down the kilrathi dreadnought. Fun mission.

yeah it's funny how in the wc games the cooler missions are often the losing paths. I like how in wc3 when you're losing you get to take down the kilrathi dreadnought. Fun mission.

... if your idea of fun is sitting endlessly at the computer while you wait for your measly guns to whittle the dreadnoughts stregnth down, only to *have* to die!

Seeing the dreadnought and the fact that you *can* destroy it is cool, but I'd hardly call the mission fun.

I actually didn't like the dreadnaught mission that much, it didn't feel polished at all.

I haven't played the asteroid base mission in the Delius system though, it will be on my todo list :)

Back