WC1 and WCP killscores

LaFong

Spaceman
Hi, anyone want to post their highest killscores at the end of completing WC1, or WCP on Nightmare skill level - as we dont have windows compatible multiplayer WC. this is the closest we will ever get to an online flight competition : - ) lol I would post my killscore for WCP but im about 3 missions from the end after the 6th or seventh time - so this time around I should have a better killscore - whose first - a screenshot of the killboard would be good as proof: - )

gauntlet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! I never completed the Armada gauntlets. As Kilrathi I never managed to reach more than the 1st mission where you fly the Kor-Larh. I managed to kill the 1st Gladius but then my fuel was too low to destroy the next ones. I do not remember how far I got as Human. Loaf, did you reach that Level as Confed pilot or Kilrathi or as both? Both, I guess.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-11-2001 at 17:44]

I've beaten it on both -- with the patch, mind you -- which gives you a password after each level so you can start at the last mission you lost instead of doing it all again.

so whats your final killscore on WCP nightmare then loaf? Also you know the training sim mission where you face unlimited numbers of fighters till the 10 minutes is up, and then wingmen start jumping in to help you - whats your best score on nightmare with that? - I only ask because its so hard to know how good you are without others to compare yurself to : - )
umm also whats your config to get armada working - Do you just do it from a bootdisk - what windows version are you running stupid microsoft windows Me. I guess ill just have to partition my hdd and dig up the Dos 5.0 disks lol

Let me see Earthworm, The game is about killing things, so if you kill more 'things' than someone else, then you must be better than them - simple enough for you.

Of course knowing the end killscore of WCP isnt just about killing things, because you have also succesfully completed all the missions. ANyone can do that, what seperates someone who just 'gets a mission over' and someone who can fly well, is the killscore - so I would have thaught it obvious how killscore relates to how good someone is.

just to avoid any confusion when I say 'how good someone is' I obviously meal at playing WCP / wing commander games in general

Um not really, when you think about it.The game is about completing missions which involve killing things. You can fail a mission with 15 kills or complete it with none. Yet dispite having 15 less kills, the person who completed it did better.

[Edited by Dekkar on 03-11-2001 at 18:50]

Exactly Dekkar.

There are ways to increas you kill scores in Prophecy, like flying back through some nav points even when one has already accomplished a mission, does that make anyone better? I can get through every mission in WC1 sucesfully, yet many times I'll run away from a fight when I don't have to fight, does that make you better?

Personally, I hate the way those Ray/Remora and Skate bits all count as seperate ships. Clearly the sensible thing to do is to break them up as quickly as possible, because they are far more dangerous when clustered. However this cuts down your kill score 'cos your wingmen start shooting the bits which are easy to kill, (particularly the remoras). If you split them and kill all the bits you yourself you will get a higher kill score, but stand less chance of protecting your wingmen/capships.

That's true about the Remoras counting as individual kills sucking and all, but I find them dangerous when they gang up on a single ship, even fighters. Especially when two or more Rays have been destroyed.

BTW, I killed as much as possible in WC1/2. Does that make me a worse pilot?

Well, Maniac has well over 2000 kills. Does that make him a good pilot?

This is getting confusing...

Maniac IS a good pilot... he's got obvious flying skills...

Problem is, he's too much of a hotshot, and has long relied on luck to survive thos crazy maneouvres of his... :)

"Gonna give them some MANIAC MAGIC!"

:D

I think when we discussing 'good' we meant good overall, or at least discussing what 'good' meant. With Maniac having so many kills indicating that he's 'good' is only a certain POV.

Personally , I don't pick maniac as my wingman much. Maniac magic is fine, but I'm not to keen on " I'm worth more then ths tincan I'm ejecting!" and his "that's a negatory, ace."
Does maniac ever listen to anything other then "Break and attack"?

Maniac only hears the words "Break and Attack". When you need help, "no can do colonel". And still, he hates it when you let dekker punch him...

Last time i finished WC1 i had a killscore around the 250. WCP ends somewere in the 400

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I've beaten it on both -- with the patch, mind you -- which gives you a password after each level so you can start at the last mission you lost instead of doing it all again.
I did not know that such a patch existed. Is it available here at the CIC?
Perhaps the mission efficiency of WCP would be a better way to compare one's abilities. Do not forget that there are missions in WCP/SOPS where you encounter an infinite number of aliens until you destroy sth specific. You can achieve a high kill number in these missions but some people consider it boring and try to achieve their goal as quickly as possible. Or if you lose some missions in WCP you get extra missions where you can increase your kill number (I mean the DL series) by failing other missions.
And that is not what a good pilot should do. And after all there is also a lot of luck involved. Sometimes your wingmen hit nothing, sometimes they hit all the time. Or the Midawy shoots down some enemies or the bugs ram some asteroids (happens quite frequently). So killscores might not be the best way to determine who is a good soldier. But to determine who a is a good shooter killscores can be used.
I never bothered to take screenshots of my kills but I wrote them down to compare Casey/Blair kills (and they are way out of proportion). Anyway here my kills after completing WC1 and ALL Secret Missions: 640 (627 until the last mission and then killed 13 in the last mission)
After WCP (without SOPS): 720 (killed 112 in the last mission). I have to admit I started it on "Hero" and switched to "Nightmare" in T'lan Meth and then playing (most) of the missions on "Nightmare". I guess you should drop about 100 kills then from my score.

either i am shite or damn efficient - i have two missions legft in wcp and a killscore of 340 - lol obviously I either work fast and stop more fightetrs appearing, or else I suck bad : - ) lol

Back