WC music

Mad Hatter

Spaceman
Anyone know where I can find good WC (not toilet
biggrin.gif
) music except for this site and the Vault Room?

Last edited by a moderator:
AHHH! All my bookmarks are pointing at toilet music now too... It must be the dreaded toilet music virus...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I knew I shouldn`t have made that crack about toilet music, but it sounded so funny when I thought of it, let`s try this again:

Does anyone know where I can get some good WING COMMANDER MUSIC
smile.gif
except for this site and the Vault Room?

Dash, I lost all my WC music when my HD went out... all I have left is toilet music...
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Bombardez les Ptitard!

Now you can imagine my friends' reaction when I told them the url to my favorite site: wcnews.com
biggrin.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

You know what? that was actually very funny!
biggrin.gif

Now seriously, anyone? straight answer? please?

Your best bet is to search. Look at me! I've been searching the net for about a year, maybe more, and I've found music for every WC and Privateer midi. And every XG for Final Fantasy VII, a tonne of Ultima midis...

Or us for that matter?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

LOL what's toilet music? i have lots of mp3s on my computer (in fact some girl on aol sent me like 5!!! mandy moore mp3s!) do they make mp3s, for wing commander? thatd be really neat to listen to the songs from the games, in winamp! is there a good winamp skin for the CICWing Commander?

Ziggy

------------------
Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly,
The Spiders From Mars
He played it left hand, but made it too far
Became the special man, then we were Ziggy's band

Check out the music section of the WCCIC, many of them need to be uncooked, so get the uncook program, run it once only on the files that sound garbled. When you run it, select overwrite existing file. You won't be stuck with two copies of each file.

WCCIC files section has two Winamp skins. ICIS is the best one IMO.

Also, there was a Prophecy music cd released some time ago.

Erm, I have a local copy of the whole music section and I can safely say not one song sounds garbled in any way.

There was a major rehaul a month or three ago, but the files have remained the same...

The MP3s in WCCIC may not be garbled anymore, but it`s not very fun listening to them because some of them tend to loop and end in the middle of the tune, and some, especially WC3 & WC4 MP3s are in somewhat poor quality, and not even in stereo.
A couple of monthes ago I decided to get them to sound a little better, so I decoded them to WAV format and edited them with Wave Studio. I combined some of the shorter themes into one long theme, and switched some to stereo, and voila! I now have some very enjoyable MP3s to listen to.
If anyone`s interested maybe we can think of a way to post them here, and make them available to everyone.

BTW, Ziggy Sturdust, toilet music is, of course, music you listen to in...
...toilets!
smile.gif

All WC3 music is in stereo... only 2 WC4 files are not. And like Hadrian said, the WC1 and 2 tunes loop by themselves.

Back