WC:CD "Fan Input"

the cloaked fighter was shoklar or cloak salthi, they have both the same design

@ tbolt: with lack of torpedos, I meant that it has got only one single torpedo.. which is pretty useless for caphsip runs..

the cloaked fighter was shoklar or cloak salthi, they have both the same design

@ tbolt: with lack of torpedos, I meant that it has got only one single torpedo.. which is pretty useless for caphsip runs..
Not really useless, you know what they say, every missile (or in this case, torp) counts.

i don't think so, 2 tbolts can take out combined one triton transport, but only if both torps hit

not a good choice for bombing runs ;)

i don't think so, 2 tbolts can take out combined one triton transport, but only if both torps hit

not a good choice for bombing runs ;)

Triple, I think you may be confusing 2 different loadouts in Secret Ops....One having only 1 Valiant Light Torpedo while the other varient has 4 Valiant Light Torps.

For example I was going original have the Steltek in the mod....But I decided against it....(although there may still be a cameo) it is availible for download... I believe it is the Steltek Scout ship that I did awhile back, with sounds, the guns, etc...... you can check it out by searching on WCnews for that ship and you should be able to download it still.

Actually, sadly, the Sscout.zip (the scout) does not work anymore :(

Triple, I don't think I've released any others at the moment.

But...Giving you guys an update after almost a day of messing around with implementing capships. I've finally implemented the Titan class Transport which can be seen on this thread on Page 2. I don't have any screenshots at the moment but I will at some point... (At the Moment it is without the Cargo containers in the mid section....I tried to have them added all as one but the Collision Tree wasn't havin it...The Poly count was ok but for some reason Missiles and bolts would fly through the middle of the model....But the Cargo pieces are an easy add, from reading the info on Killerwaves site...It's just a pain from start to finish. After I add the cargo containers I'll move on to the other random transport that I did back in this thread..http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=25364 I have yet to name this Transport tho...But It will be a larger transport than the Titan....Also I added a few Turrets to the Titan.... I actually made it smaller it's about 170 meters in length. But This larger trans...Will be slower....without any defenses. (Civilian Mining/Freighter). Maybe you guys n gals can take a shot at naming this one?

Yea i was thinking on taking out the Longbow to be honest... I mean there's already the Devastator and The Broadsword on the Confed Side... And for some reason I want to remodel that whole Longbow model over again....but that's time consuming... I'm probably going to leave it out. But I thought it would be nice to show anyways. Plus I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment......CAPSHIPS!

The game doesn't need three playable bombers, but cameo ships are great. Broadswords and Longbows are still around in Arena, and presumably the newer Devastator is still there too.

If anyone wants to help in setting up a website I'd be more than happy to work with you! I can do screenshots....Ship art....etc....I don't really know much about HTML stuff wouldn't even know where to host it...At least doing the website would enable me to answer many peoples questions about the mod. Where it is as far as progress....and also what to expect really....I can elaborate more on the story a bit too.

I'm pretty sure that Solsector can spare the space and bandwidth for another WC fan project website ;).

At the moment I'm still struggling with doing the capships.....Although I'm able to make Corvette styled ships....Making it a capship for some reason or another is not going so well...and keep getting errors when putting it into the game :mad:

When making capship do you necessarily need ALL the components? Can you just have the bridge or just have engines...etc...does it need all of them? The base mesh is fine...and your able to use that as a corvette but when making the capship files with constituent parts I keep getting a crash.... the only parts I added were the cargo pods....which have destroyed and nondestroyed models I'll attach the file as follows and if anyone knows what's wrong please help! I've been spending nights on this and nothing is going.... The "Titan" is the base mesh... "Tcargo" is the cargo mesh and "TcargoD" is the destroyed Tcargo mesh....All 3 have been implemented as corvettes so they have collision trees. Anyone?

IFF "C:\Secret Ops\ships\TitanB.IFF"
{
FORM "CAPS"
{
FORM "VERI"
{
CHUNK "SPAC"
{
long 11
}
CHUNK "CAPS"
{
long 27
}
CHUNK "FRMA"
{
long 15
}
CHUNK "EXPL"
{
long 31
}
CHUNK "SOND"
{
long 233
}
CHUNK "BULL"
{
long 23
}
CHUNK "MISL"
{
long 33
}
}
CHUNK "TYPE"
{
long 5
long 11
long 0
}
CHUNK "BASE"
{
cstring "Titan"
}
CHUNK "PHYS"
{
float 2000000.0 //mass
}
CHUNK "POWR"
{
float 100.0
long 0
}
FORM "PSYS"
{
FORM "ENGN"
{
CHUNK "POWR"
{
float 100.0
float 0.0
float 300.0
float 300.0 //speed max
float 300.0 //speed std
float 300.0 //speed min
}
CHUNK "DATA"
{
float 75.0 //acceleration
float 100.0 //afterb. speed
float 120.0 //afterb. acceleration
float 0.0 //afterb. fuel
float 5.0 //Y
float 5.0 //P
float 10.0 //R
float 7.0 //YPR rate of change
}
}
}
FORM "CRGO"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "cargo_01_Titan"
cstring "Tcargo"
cstring "Tcargod"
float 500.0
}
}
FORM "CRGO"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "cargo_02_Titan"
cstring "Tcargo"
cstring "Tcargod"
float 500.0
}
}
FORM "CRGO"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "cargo_03_Titan"
cstring "Tcargo"
cstring "Tcargod"
float 500.0
}
}
FORM "CRGO"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "cargo_04_Titan"
cstring "Tcargo"
cstring "Tcargod"
float 500.0
}
}
FORM "CRGO"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "cargo_05_Titan"
cstring "Tcargo"
cstring "Tcargod"
float 500.0
}
}
FORM "CRGO"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "cargo_06_Titan"
cstring "Tcargo"
cstring "Tcargod"
float 500.0
}
}
}
FORM "TLST"
{
FORM "GTUR"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "turret_01_leatr01"//hardpoint
cstring "leatr01" //mesh
cstring "" //destroyed mesh
float 100.0 //hitpoints
}
CHUNK "BULL"
{
long 21
}
FORM "FIXD"
{
CHUNK "CONE"
{
float 80.0
}
CHUNK "BARL"
{
cstring "aturgunt"
}
}
}
FORM "GTUR"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "turret_02_leatr02"//hardpoint
cstring "leatr02" //mesh
float 100.0 //hitpoints
}
CHUNK "BULL"
{
long 21
}
FORM "FIXD"
{
CHUNK "CONE"
{
float 80.0
}
CHUNK "BARL"
{
cstring "aturgunt"
}
}
}
FORM "GTUR"
{
CHUNK "DATA"
{
cstring "turret_03_leatr03"//hardpoint
cstring "leatr03" //mesh
float 100.0 //hitpoints
}
CHUNK "BULL"
{
long 21
}
FORM "FIXD"
{
CHUNK "CONE"
{
float 60.0
}
CHUNK "BARL"
{
cstring "aturgunt"
}
}
}
}
FORM "EXPL"
{
CHUNK "TYPE"
{
long 0
long 4
long 14
}
CHUNK "CHLD"
{
long 0
long 11
long 1
long 11
long 2
long 12
long 4
long 10
}
}
}

The game doesn't need three playable bombers, but cameo ships are great. Broadswords and Longbows are still around in Arena, and presumably the newer Devastator is still there too.

Sure I wouldn't mind BLASTING a couple of longbows and such! Just not fly them. :p

Here's some shots of the updated Longbow.... I've tried to make it look semi like the Longbows we see in Arena but I'm still working on the rear of the ship...I have to set it up in a blue-ish scheme.

No turret on the Longbow? You've clearly modified the engines and replaced the center window with a big exhaust. Will it not have a rear gun?

No turret on the Longbow? You've clearly modified the engines and replaced the center window with a big exhaust. Will it not have a rear gun?

It doesn't look like it. This is my own opinion, so feel free to disregard it, but that bomber looked better the way you originally had it in the screen shots, with the four thrusters instead of one big one. Plus it's just making the longbow even crapier without a turret. Perhaps you could put one of the dorsal, but it would have a lot of blind spots.

I'm revisting this one...and yes no rear (manned) turret on the Longbow..(Similar to what you see in the Arena screenshot).....

It doesn't look like it. This is my own opinion, so feel free to disregard it, but that bomber looked better the way you originally had it in the screen shots, with the four thrusters instead of one big one. Plus it's just making the longbow even crapier without a turret. Perhaps you could put one of the dorsal, but it would have a lot of blind spots.

I've been totally revisiting the model and the textures... For one I wasn't happy with those X type wings at all....Something with the model was messed up so I i've come back to redoing them...Also a few model modification details on the fuselage were left out..since my last post of some renders.. (I wasn't happy with it either, and haven't been happy with the Longbow for some reason) There's many reasons I should scrap it totally and just leave it out...but I haven't the heart to.... I'll keep ya posted within the next day or 2 on the progress model..textures..renders/shots...Armament...etc...

Yea it's like a lil yellow...thing.... I assume it's some type of exhaust or engine...although the Longbow looks like it was Re-Modeled for the Arena Game it's possible the artist thought that the longbow was backwords because of the rear turret? I have no clue really...
But anyhow I redid the wings....and some of the textures...I also remodeled the Neutron guns on the top.. Let me know what you think :) Let me know about the color too....I changed it to purple as something different...Maybe pink or turquoise? I do dig the yellow...But I'm just looking for somethin a lil different...(Not really seen in WC all that often)

Attachments

• Lbow5.jpg
    Lbow5.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 141
  • LBow6.jpg
    LBow6.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 164
  • Lbow7.jpg
    Lbow7.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Lbow8.jpg
    Lbow8.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 141
Here's an updated texture scheme (I kinda dig the Yellow) and it looks something that is a closer to the original.... Also I had the wings at the wrong angle which I fixed (the best I could I guess) Sometimes the smallest changes make a big difference..... Also I optimized the model which I didn't before so the proper shading is implemented. Check it out.. Questions?...Comments?

Attachments

• Lbow01.jpg
    Lbow01.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Lbow02.jpg
    Lbow02.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 156
  • Lbow9.jpg
    Lbow9.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 149
Also some changes in the character names,description, etc...

Jack "Reaper" Burrows (Player - Revenge pilot)
- Born on Aries II, In the Foshko Quadrant. Jack spent much of his childhood far away from the heartaches of war. He joined Confed in 2679 and graduated the academy in 2681, He was supposed to be stationed on the TCS Midway on her maiden voyage, but instead was stationed on Perry Navel base before the initial Nephilim encounter. On a patrol he violated a direct order to fire on a transport full of about 50 Kilrathi refuges from the Ragitagha clan. After a misunderstanding by his Wing Commander saying that the “....Kilrathi deserve to die! refuges or not!”. Jack saved the transport by Leeching his Wing Commanders ship and transporting the survivors to a local pirate base. After this incident Jack stole a Confed Arrow fighter and fled to a nearby pirate base, this is where he met Damon Karnes and joined the Revenge. Two of the liberated Kilrathi (both littermates), joined Jack and are in debt to him. His copilots over the last five years have nicknamed him Reaper for painting the Revenge symbol on the Fuselage...and even with a borrowed SpaceCoat Painter model year 2655 Droid still took almost a month.

Damon “Polecat" Karnes (Captain of the Revenge)
- A former Confed pilot and then Secret Operative starting his Confed service in 2647. He moved up to be infamous as a Wing Commander and was considered a hero he was also at the First Battle of Repleetah in 2654... At Repleetah his craft had gone down onto the planet.... With a kilrathi carrier force blockading the planet, Damon had turned to helping the marine ground forces. He was given his callsign by the Marines on Repleetah by Impelling a Kilrathi with a Confederation Flagpole. He was in many of Confeds largest pushes early in the war. He is an expert on hand to hand combat, and also enemy tactics. After being a Confed pilot He then turned into a Secret Operative working for Confed in remote systems or cargo shipping lines in order to listen and give Confed info on comm traffic, Many Terrans had thought he was a pirate at this time, and was thought dead when he ejected during a Kilrathi attack at the Pirate base Tortuga in System M421A. He spent the rest of his Operative Confed career on numerous Secret Tolwyn projects. Then with the Kilrathi War ending he turned to Mercenary and Privateering work.
He likes to stay low on many large scale engagements so as not to draw attention to the Revenge and her crew, unless there is a large pay out. He won the Revenge in a bet using Jack’s stripped down Arrow for an annual race around the speed coarse of Callisto. Damon is trained as an elite, He keeps the Revenge in top shape with many weapons and technologies that non-military are not supposed to have obtained. He Believes there are those who fly to get somewhere and those who love to fly.

Lisa "Bravo" Deleon (Revenge Merc Pilot)
- A former Border world militia fighter then Confed pilot that served on board the Midway. She hails from Vohaul in the Polaris system. She resigned from Confed after an accidental friendly fire incident. She normally flies alone taking missions as they come. Is normally calm and collected but when enraged has a twitchy trigger finger. Is a reliable part of the team she always accomplishes what she sets out to do.

Kuklext "Motley" Ragitagha (Revenge Merc pilot)
- One of the coolest Cats you will ever meet. Motley likes to indulge in many human activities…Drinking, listening to music, different foods, anything that he can get his paws on of human culture he is definitely open minded. He and his brother are in debt to Jack for saving there families lives. Motley has grown close to much of the crew, and is always someone easy to talk to.

Meltok "Carnage" Ragitagha (Revenge Merc Pilot)
- The total opposite of his feline litter mate. Meltok, is very reserved and stays away from much of the crew, he’s bound by many Kilrathi honor codes. But he realizes to get along with the crew is only beneficial to him and his brother. He took an oath to be in Jack’s debt. He is a beautiful pilot although sometimes careless, you occasionally hear him laughing as he’s taking down his pray as if he enjoys the Carnage.

Morgon "T-Bone" Crow (Revenge Merc Pilot)
- Often referred to as MC or even T, was a Confed pilot up until his resignation. He lost his home to the Nephilim Virus. He was not able to return to his home planet of Angora in the Astoria system due to restrictions that Confed had placed on his planet. His family has been presumed lost. Morgon gets his callsign in a desperate attempt to take out a pirate fighter, with his ship very damaged he decided to eject as his ship rammed the Pirate Talon fighter.

Back