WC:CD "Fan Input"

Overlord your good man/woman....But sometimes I do need to explain things so that people understand me a lil it gives a lil background on who's makin this project and that I'm not a total idiot :D

I'm inserting one of the transports in which I have to have a tree file.....Well

I'm getting an error when I try to save the Tree File in Model C 0.8

"Cannot Load Bsp.dll Error= 126"

What does this mean? Because I'm trying to find the updated version of Model C and can find nothing and this would greatly impede the process of me getting models into the vision engine... Any ideas?

I'm inserting one of the transports in which I have to have a tree file.....Well

I'm getting an error when I try to save the Tree File in Model C 0.8

"Cannot Load Bsp.dll Error= 126"

What does this mean? Because I'm trying to find the updated version of Model C and can find nothing and this would greatly impede the process of me getting models into the vision engine... Any ideas?

Hey Jason, when you get it done, would you post a pic of the Firekkan Scim? I'm anxious to see it witht he new logos.

Here's some shots of the updated Longbow.... I've tried to make it look semi like the Longbows we see in Arena but I'm still working on the rear of the ship...I have to set it up in a blue-ish scheme.

Attachments

• Lbow1.jpg
    Lbow1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Lbow2.jpg
    Lbow2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Lbow3.jpg
    Lbow3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 166
  • Lbow4.jpg
    Lbow4.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 166
Here's some shots of the updated Longbow.... I've tried to make it look semi like the Longbows we see in Arena but I'm still working on the rear of the ship...I have to set it up in a blue-ish scheme.

Longbow!? Oh man... I'll take the Broadsword anyday.

Longbow!? Oh man... I'll take the Broadsword anyday.

Yea i was thinking on taking out the Longbow to be honest... I mean there's already the Devastator and The Broadsword on the Confed Side... And for some reason I want to remodel that whole Longbow model over again....but that's time consuming... I'm probably going to leave it out. But I thought it would be nice to show anyways. Plus I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment......CAPSHIPS!

well it would be a pity if you took out the longbow now. you already did the work and it looks pretty neat though. maybe you reconsider and bring it in the way it is (btw. what happend with the rear turret?), since the longbow still shows up in arena as a confed craft.

well it would be a pity if you took out the longbow now. you already did the work and it looks pretty neat though. maybe you reconsider and bring it in the way it is (btw. what happend with the rear turret?), since the longbow still shows up in arena as a confed craft.

Check out the rear on one of the Arena Screenshots...you'll see there isn't one...which isn't all that bad.... Flying it in the game...it's not all that different just doesn't have the rear turret..

Yeah but does he really need it? I mean he's already got a good assortment of ships that can fill the role of bomber quite nicely.

BTW are you eliminating afterburners on the BS? If so, then it kind of defeats the purpose to have the longbow. That'd be an easy cop-out and people would miss out on the nerve racking bombing runs we all loved so much in WC2.

did they need the excalibur and thunderbolt wcso? no, but it had style

btw: i hated the bombing runs in wc2 with no afterburner..

the tbolt is not a real bomber it lacks of torpedos. its mainly a heavy fighter or support bomber and it is not even a heavy fighter anymore for prophecy standards.

Well...Frosty is right...The Longbow isn't totally needed in the mod and there are a bunch of ships that, I've included that aren't totally needed... The Devastator is in for confed forces, I'm mainly focusing on the Mercenary group that you are a part of in the mod.

Frosty, The Broadsword does have afterburners similar to Arena, (The Top speed isn't something to gawk at I think it's at like 660 or somethin) Which in the game engine...Isn't even all that great your only able to dodge a few shots but It's meant just to give a little boost so that you don't Die if you miss some turrets. Those Nephilim Turrets are no joke, I also took away the Plasma cannons I originally had on the Broadsword (So there's no cheating and trying to take out Capships with guns). Although The Devastator still has it's Plasma the damage is much less but refire a lil quicker, Althought within the engine the Devastator never uses it's gun to take out the bridge, engine, etc...only the player is able to (Sounds stupid right). Also if you get a Manta or a Devil Ray on your tail again it's no joke but the aft gives you a lil boost to "Try" and get outta there. Without the Aft...those ships are coming to the fire fight with a pocket knife while the Nephilim have Stingray's with Plasma cannons (Almost assured death for a Broadsword with no aft).

So Although I've opted to actually take out the Longbow it was for a reason....And you never know I could change my mind along the way of the project. You just may not see it at first, but ya never know once I start actually getting to the missions I may just say " Hey ya know it might not be a bad idea to add that Longbow I did months ago to change it up a bit...." So don't really worry about things not being in there...just sit back and enjoy....And also (If I don't have a ship/model that I've implemented into the mod) I'm going to release them as a standalone...For example I was going original have the Steltek in the mod....But I decided against it....(although there may still be a cameo) it is availible for download... I believe it is the Steltek Scout ship that I did awhile back, with sounds, the guns, etc...... you can check it out by searching on WCnews for that ship and you should be able to download it still.

Also Triple..... The Thunderbolt does have Light torps in the Secret Ops game. It's not a dedicated fighter but has similar multi-role functions.

Also please keep in mind although the loadouts of fighters may seem like light fighters are light fighters, bombers are bombers etc.... I've been make different ship files for each of the fighters. For example. The mod is making the Arrow Scout, Excalibur Wyvern, Rapier Blade, and Broadsword Executioner flyable. Although I'm not changing the gun loadouts the missile loadouts and speed/handling characteristics I have changed for certain loadouts. For example here's the Arrow Stats. Some of these stats I can't replicate exactly the same because the Vision Engine (Secret Ops) portreys them in different ways. So a few of the maneuverability stats are altered versus the Arena Stats.

Arrow Scout
Speed: 610 norm/ 1600 aft
Y/P/R 110/110/150
armor: 170 front/rear, 150 sides
shields: 200
Guns: 2x Laser
Missile Hardpoints: 2xHeatseeker, 2x16 Dumpfire RPs, 2xTracker Mirvs,2x Artemis LR

Ok so you may say "ok those aren't the Arena specs"....This Arrow is a merc ship...You would think it may be armed a lil differently. But there's also one of the first missions in which I actually give an Ode to an old "Xwing" mission, where your objective is to find a couple of ships in a large convoy as quickly as possible to verify that the ships are in that convoy (The original involved scanning a huge imperial convoy of ships while evading imperial starfighter fighters). For a potential raid on some stolen goods/munitions before Confed gets there hands on them. So the loadout is different from the loadout above so you may be able to go as fast as you can go by taking less weight off your fighter.

Arrow Scout
Speed: 640 norm/1800 aft
y/p/r: 110,110,150
armor: 170 front/rear, 150 sides
shields: 200
guns: 2x lasers
Missile Hardpoints: 2x Heatseeker

I guess the point is....Is that although you may say Oh well there's only 4 flyable ships so that's kinda limited....My point is.....4 flyable ships... Limited? No way! the creative possibilities are endless.. As with this project....I mean you guys have seen me create like a million things in the past 2 years... and it sickens me that it has taken that long to actually do all this model stuff....but it is also Creating, studying Wing Commander in general, researching, getting new information, not conflicting with old information, learning how the game mechanics of this Secret Ops game worked....There's just so much more work then meets the eye. But now that I self taught myself the from the experience, I've dedicated myself to finishing it...and the creative mind is always on the run.
Well enough of my random rant as this turned out to be ...Anyways back to doing the capships.

Well...Frosty is right...The Longbow isn't totally needed in the mod and there are a bunch of ships that, I've included that aren't totally needed... The Devastator is in for confed forces, I'm mainly focusing on the Mercenary group that you are a part of in the mod.

Frosty, The Broadsword does have afterburners similar to Arena, (The Top speed isn't something to gawk at I think it's at like 660 or somethin) Which in the game engine...Isn't even all that great your only able to dodge a few shots but It's meant just to give a little boost so that you don't Die if you miss some turrets. Those Nephilim Turrets are no joke, I also took away the Plasma cannons I originally had on the Broadsword (So there's no cheating and trying to take out Capships with guns). Although The Devastator still has it's Plasma the damage is much less but refire a lil quicker, Althought within the engine the Devastator never uses it's gun to take out the bridge, engine, etc...only the player is able to (Sounds stupid right). Also if you get a Manta or a Devil Ray on your tail again it's no joke but the aft gives you a lil boost to "Try" and get outta there. Without the Aft...those ships are coming to the fire fight with a pocket knife while the Nephilim have Stingray's with Plasma cannons (Almost assured death for a Broadsword with no aft).

So Although I've opted to actually take out the Longbow it was for a reason....And you never know I could change my mind along the way of the project. You just may not see it at first, but ya never know once I start actually getting to the missions I may just say " Hey ya know it might not be a bad idea to add that Longbow I did months ago to change it up a bit...." So don't really worry about things not being in there...just sit back and enjoy....And also (If I don't have a ship/model that I've implemented into the mod) I'm going to release them as a standalone...For example I was going original have the Steltek in the mod....But I decided against it....(although there may still be a cameo) it is availible for download... I believe it is the Steltek Scout ship that I did awhile back, with sounds, the guns, etc...... you can check it out by searching on WCnews for that ship and you should be able to download it still.
Maybe you can have a wing of Longbows in a hanger or something during a scene? :p

Maybe you can have a wing of Longbows in a hanger or something during a scene? :p

Yea I mean it's similar to how Standoff has a cloaked fighter...I can't remember if I ever fought the cloaked fighter (Salthi?Sartha?)....but I do remember that being in a cut scene. Which isn't a bad idea....I can show other things that aren't in the game in one of the cut scenes.

Yea I mean it's similar to how Standoff has a cloaked fighter...I can't remember if I ever fought the cloaked fighter (Salthi?Sartha?)....but I do remember that being in a cut scene. Which isn't a bad idea....I can show other things that aren't in the game in one of the cut scenes.

I think it's Sothtak or something, and you do fly against it on the losing path.

Back