"Warning! Failed CRC Check"

who says i knew more than you did? i never said i built a machine? in regards to my system that has win 95 do i go thru windows first then reset in dos mode because what ive been doing is hitting F8 before windows starts then i go thru the command prompt are you telling me going thru windows will have a better version? :confused: no wait i dont need help from you. i never said anything negative towards you. so please calm down! im also not implying that i know anything or everything thats why im asking for your help but with all these false accusations towards me is not helping me, its very hurtful so please from now on when i need help dont reply! go criticize someone else:mad:

For some reason, I'm compelled to respond... despite the very thing I'm about to say already being said... Make the boot disk, try it, then if it still does not work... then you are screwed. Stop bitching and DO something.

Loozer: Just make the bootdisk. THEN you can worry about how to get into DOS. Since you have Win95, you don't need to worry about which DOS you use. I find it preferable to go into DOS with F8 before Windows loads, as it leaves more memory for you. Make and use the bootdisk, and tell us if the game runs.

can someone just give me a straight answer on how to make the bootdisk?? then all of your wishes will be fullfilled!

Format a: /s

then

Bootdisk to play Privateer or other DOS game

This work for me and others here:
Config.sys

devicehigh=himem.sys
devicehigh=emm386.exe ram 16384 i=b000-b7ff
dos=high,umb
fileshigh=30
buffershigh=30
devicehigh=vide-cdd.sys /d:mscd001 (is my CD-rom driver, replace with yours )

Autoexec.bat
loadhigh=mscdex /d:mscd001
loadhigh=a:\PCIAUD\SETAUDIO ( this is my Sound card Driver replace with yours)
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 T4
Loadhigh=mouse.exe

Back