updateyness!

I have something which at least LOOKS like wcu now. Get it at

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/privr-wcu-thingy.zip

What's in it?

* All the stuff that was messed up in privR.zip got fixed.

* A sol system has been added, it looks half decent.

* Autogen universe upgraded more than a bit; now system bases are assigned at each game start among military allies, UNLESS they are already on a front line OR a fortress system OR a homeworld. This means that you'll see merchant bases, etc. in confed systems. Right now the Kilrathi are monolithic. Also, a faction with few systems that loses yet another system gets a "second wind" production wise.

* Planets should look OK even when they have atmosphere, rings etc.

* You can buy the asteroid fighter... this has been asked of me a few times :) gotta find it though. It has no shields but a bitchin' amount of armor.

* A plot event allows you to mount a turret on your tarsus if you're still using a tarsus at that point in the game (unlikely).

* On frontline systems, you see a LOT more fighting going on. Also, this means that penetrating a kilrathi frontline system is more dangerous.

* Still no faction-specific technology I am afraid other than what's already there. I'd like suggestions on what to do on that one...

confed: tachyon guns and turrets
kilrathi: already in the game
(not telling): stormfire turret
border worlds: ?
landreich: ?
pirates: already in the game

Also, BW/Landreich specific spaceships, and a kilrathi transport... and the kilrah system.... after that i'm through with game modding i think :) fun but way too time ocnsuming. I never read any of the novels so I don't know what the landreich uses ship wise, from what I understand they have some old confed tech and some old kilrathi tech primarily. Border worlds... Dunno, Vindicator and their version of the Demon maybe?

Finally: You fly a Sabre as your starting ship mostly because I felt like it. It's too close to the Centurion flight model wise to be worth buying, but confed and BW forces have it. Basically it's a faster cent with weaker shields. This of course will go away later ^^; I just wanted to show how much the stiletto looks like a sabre, my sabre "model" is just a bigger stiletto with different textures and a turret

the sabre is kinda flimsy ^^; sowwies about that.... .blank model..... i was just testing. everything else works fine though.

one catch: if you want the wcu stuff you gotta start a new game.

spiritplumber said:
I just wanted to show how much the stiletto looks like a sabre, my sabre "model" is just a bigger stiletto with different textures and a turret
That will do if you are just trying to show they are similar. But I bet there is an actual Sabre model somewhere you could use :)

I cant' do models.... *cries cries*

the two capships I would like to add are a Kilrathi transport, and the Durango cruiser/carrier for the border worlds (I know it only shows up in WC4, but it's a very distinctive ship, and they say it over and over and over in WC4 that the Intrepid is old)

How do you edit so you start with more money? I've played through a substantial portion of the game, got lots of nifty gear, and would like to pick up where I left off with the new WCU.

You need to save the game and then edit the savegame (with whatever editor, notepad will do) and that lets you get whatever ship you want. Be sure to add .blank after the ship name, or if it's a confed ship, add .decommissioned otherwise you get the standard upgrades only. The money is right in front of the ship.

examples:

centurion.blank
broadsword.decommissioned

Hmm, this is weird, the units.csv file is now 0kb. Opening it reveals that the file is contains no information.

What I did: installed Remake 1.0pre5 to a new directory, installed the wcu patch posted in this thread, started a new game. Ships are no longer visible, bases can't be seen, there is nothing to buy should you manage to dock.

That took care of that problem, but merchants (Commodity exchange, ship dealer, equipment dealer) still all have nothing to sell.

Yeeeeeeeeeees! thankyou!!!

also, please get http://spiritplumber.dynip.com/wcuthingyfix.zip

takes care of the unit thing, the exchange thing, and a cockpit thing i forgot to update in the archive

gomen ^^;

OK, I reuploaded the big file, too, with the fixes. Sorry!

and wowies on the ships O_O sorry for making you do extra work... but i just cant figure those models up v_v i tried to do the armada capships esp. the kilrathi transport but meh... no luck

no worries about the armada ships--I had converted them a long time ago

and you're not the only person who requested them either

Hmm...

I took a look in the zip-file and noticed some more possible minor errors... Is there a tractor beam (I mean the texture) for example?
Can´t try the mod right now.

Anyway, I´m really grateful for your work! :)

Sky777

in fact, any requests? i wanted to go with vindicator, a ship from armada, and the durango. for transport, the wc1 drayman because border worlders are poorer and probably got a bunch of older ships from confed.

My target max filesize for this thing is 20mb.

phantom :)

in fact make sure confed has phantoms I love those birds--and they have weapons all placed in the xml already

Back