Torps without Locks?

Sninka that requires all missiles to got through the shields, and no matter how weak they were they would evnetually cause a hull breach, but that isnt the case, the missiles like guns stop at the shields, only torps go through, basically we have a stale mate here, the manual says you can shoot through the shields with a torp without lock, but the only explanation for the shields is that the torps lock in on their frequency. thus the torps should only be freefired inside the shields, where they dont have that problem, but again how does the ship get through in wc3 and 4?

by the way anyone jnow what starlight is on about

[Edited by madman on 12-17-2000 at 04:44]

Originally posted by sninja387
If the torp were fired without a lock, even at long range, the only thing a sensor could detect was a heat signature fron the torps engine. Considering the size of a torp, that wouldn't be too noticeable.
A torp without a lock wouldn't even penetrate the shields...

If they did, how could one fly through the launch bays of the carriers in WC3-4-P?
You can't technicly do that. While the game engines allow this, you have to have the apropriate IFF codes to get through the force fields. We have examples of that in Fleet Action, and HOTT.

SO how come you can fly through the kat ships and theres no way they would give away the iffs, otherwise, we could get all missiles to pass through the shields

Originally posted by Madman
SO how come you can fly through the kat ships and theres no way they would give away the iffs, otherwise, we could get all missiles to pass through the shields
I already said that the game engine allows it....

Because it's just a game. There are so many things in the games that should never happen, that it's not even funny.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the wc3 manual state that for ome capships cann't you fly inside there shields (mentioned near sliding). Also in wc3 didn't it say all missiles were able to penertrate shields so how do they do that hence why do lock times for torps be so large?? At least it comes back together in wcp.

Back