Tolwyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be, frosty. These things happen. Manners on the internet are generally very poor. You only started this thread as a well-deserved compliment to Standoff (and Davies). Without prescience, I doubt anyone could have foreseen where it went. (I mean, really. Totally out of left field.)

I think Doomsday is Maori. If he's not Maori by ethnicity, he may be Maori by adopted culture.

Maverick: "Uh, Doomsday... I have to ask."
Doomsday: "Yes, I can see you're curious. What you are seeing are the markings of a Maori warrior."

(approximate)

Thanks for the words of comfort. Maori, thats correct. I'd always assumed that the artists decided that it was too difficult to make a difference between dark tan and black so they sorta just through them together. Theres a bigger difference if you play SWC... Of course they also give Knight a Spanish accent (Euro, not Latino), so I dunno about using them as an accurate source either.

(To be clear, I've seen one or two people who say the same thing over the years - the actual reason is that while Tolwyn has the same skin tone as Blair or Stingray, he wears a *white* shirt instead of a dark blue one... so his face seems darker. It's a trick of the light, not anything intentional.)

Then how is Paladin explained? If you compare his head to Tolwyn's, his skin is darker... therefore reguardless of the steriotypical scottish behavior, by pocketdonkey's level of thinking, he must also be black.

I was hoping we could all deal with this like gentlemen, since no violation of the rules is involved. :p

But ah, what the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back